Where to start?

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Nov 19, 2014 6:44pm
via Android

Where to start?

Ok I know I wanna lose weight and have a new life style. So what are some small steps i can take towards that goal. Like what are some exercise s I can do cause I don't quite have a lot of upper body strength to do a real push up. Sad I know but I wanna change that. Anything helps for real thanks

19 Nov
Its not sad! Im the same way. We just gotta make little changes until we get there! Try starting with some of the casual level workouts like ive been doing! I think they can still b pretty challenging which is good too. You can always adapt the movements too until you can do them fully! Good luck, dont give up!
19 Nov
I started small at first. I used light weight dumbbells. Do curls. There are a lot of good casual exercises on this sight. For diet changes I gave up all soda, carbs, and limited my junk food. I was addicted to peanut butter m&m's. Do not push yourself to the point of hurting yourself and do not limit yourself. Like I said start small changes. I do not deprive myself of anything. I started taking care of my self again in January. I weighed 178 lbs. As of today I weigh 141 I've lost more than 20% of my bodyfat....
19 Nov
Thank you both very much. I just know when I consider healthy eating or exercise its such an overwhelming thing it like a FREAKING BIG OL MTN!?!?! To be honest it scary and to much. I just know I wanna get down to my ideal weight which is 200lbs and I'm thinking I'm like 260-270lbs which I am not digging it at all :'( I wanna honor what I've been giving in this life which is this body and have a long and healthy life that will honor God
Image_thumb
365 Posts
Nov 19, 2014 7:11pm
via Android

Good luck!! I have some nice beginner workouts in my "liked workouts' section

19 Nov
Which ones would you recommend? And thanks :)
Image_thumb
16 Posts
Nov 19, 2014 7:28pm
via Android

Its great to have a goal like tgat! It seems crazy at first! Like I havent made many diet changes at all and ive been doing little exercises here and there for 2 weeks now. The scale shows me nothing, but I feel like im doing better for my body! Also I feel more energized and tbh, little beats how happy i feel after doing so. Plus, looking at your profile pic, you can show the little guy tgat anything is possible if you work for it:)

19 Nov
ICC, also that's my niece
Image_thumb
38 Posts
Nov 19, 2014 7:40pm
via Android

Start with wall push ups & work up to floor push ups. Good luck!

Image_thumb
16 Posts
Nov 19, 2014 8:01pm
via Android

*face palm* oh geez. Oops sorry hahaha well uh you get the point! Literally cant stop laughing

19 Nov
Tru, also I wanna be around for her as long as possible
19 Nov
There ya go! Hahah gosh im still laughing k good luck and dont give up I gtg
Image_thumb
520 Posts
Nov 19, 2014 9:40pm
via Android

What's so funny or did you just read your name there?

Image_thumb
520 Posts
Nov 19, 2014 9:41pm
via Android

How tall are you? Are you planning on joining  a gym or just train at home? Do you have access to any equipment?

19 Nov
5'8 and at home for the time and no not at the time. Got different things at the moment that nerd paying
Image_thumb
4 Posts
Nov 20, 2014 2:53am
via Android

Hi Michael, Congrats on taking the 1st step, knowing you have to live a healthy lifestyle! I think a good 1st steps to take would be stretching! You want to make sure your muscles & limbs are in good condition for working out. The worst thing to have are muscle cramps & strain when u start out! Look thru some of the workouts for stretching & yoga! Stay positive & remember what you're working towards!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51