Ugh missed my workouts yesterday

12 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
365 Posts
Nov 21, 2014 12:53pm
via Android

I had a rough day yesterday and missed my workouts. I had been working out everyday for like 2 wks so far..till yesterday. I kinda feel bad for not doing it yesterday but I really didn't have the time but I also know that its good to give your body a break

What's going on with you guys?

21 Nov
I too skipped yesterday, only because I am still nursing a bad shoulder and I hurt it the day before. The trick is to keep on, keeping on!!! Other than that it is all good here!
21 Nov
I feel you. I help my mother n law move some stuff around a few days back. And i had pulled or did something to my lower back and was able to workout until today. And its a struggle
21 Nov
Thanks guys
Image_thumb
327 Posts
Nov 21, 2014 1:00pm
via Android

Hi karen,dont beat urself up,you doing well,im only just starting exercises after illness today!!are u from Willmington?

21 Nov
No not Wilmington but not too far away. Im near boone
Image_thumb
21 Posts
Nov 21, 2014 1:29pm
via Android

Hi karen... dont feel bad about missing 1 workout.
I did legs yesterday and i am so sore that i can even walk properly. So i rested today.
Tomorrow we back at it

21 Nov
Thanks (:
Image_thumb
365 Posts
Nov 21, 2014 2:52pm
via Android

Thanks for the support everyone

Image_thumb
365 Posts
Nov 21, 2014 2:58pm
via Android

I've heard to build muscle most efficiently {although I am trying to lose belly fat too} you need to take rest days. Anyone agree?

21 Nov
Strongly agree
21 Nov
Oh yeah..rest is very important..when you give rest to your muscles after working on them..they grow :):)..proper rest is important for muscles to grow..:)
21 Nov
Yup, everyone I've ever talked to recommend resting days. You can do some kind of light cardio, take a walk or something but your muscles need resting.
21 Nov
Cool thanks guys :)
21 Nov
Active recovery like a 30 min Cardio on rest days won't hurt for me it's in the form of some sports shuffling through swimming soccer and basketball, you do need rest from active and pushing workouts
Image_thumb
214 Posts
Nov 21, 2014 3:02pm
via Android

Yep! I'm having 2 rest days per week :)

21 Nov
Ditto - weekends off woo hoo
21 Nov
Oh that's cool. I should prob take at least one day a week for rest
Image_thumb
382 Posts
Nov 21, 2014 4:06pm
via Android

Yep, I had some lighter exercise planned for today, but instead I spent half the day in bed, surfing Facebook and Skimble. :P
But I don't worry, I'm back on the horse tomorrow!

21 Nov
We all need that sometimes ;-)
21 Nov
Awesome!
Image_thumb
520 Posts
Nov 21, 2014 4:19pm
via Android

Today was my rest day but really had fun playing soccer got me a good sweat going and the day overall went great. Good luck getting back in the game tomorrow :D hit it hard :)

Image_thumb
365 Posts
Nov 21, 2014 4:26pm
via Android

Thanks everyone for all your input, advice and encouragement :D

Image_thumb
201 Posts
Nov 21, 2014 8:53pm
via Android

Damn two weeks straight, that's awesome! Your right, your body needs to relax every now and then. If I workout tomorrow and Sunday that will be two weeks straight of working out!

Loghain_de_pacquet_thumb
61 Posts
Nov 22, 2014 9:52am

Don't sweat on missing a day now and then. Remember, you are human and will sometimes make mistakes. This important thing is to not feel discouraged and give up. As someone said to me when I started, "Remember, every journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step". We're all in this for the long haul, so just keep at it, do your best, and the results will come. :)

Picture_082_thumb
6 Posts
Nov 22, 2014 1:19pm
via Android

Just take it easy,one day doesent make a differents. Body must have a rest sometimes!
If u been busy all the day, thats like excercise!
Dont worry be happy!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51