Need to lose 100 pounds

13 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Nov 22, 2014 7:16am
via Android

Hi I'm 19 my name is Tori. I have always been bigger and always felt out of place . I feel as though I lack the motivation . I really want to lose some weight before summer . I want to look good like all the other girls my age . I want to look good for myself mostly , but also I think it will make me feel more comfortable . I would be very grateful to anyone who can help and has some tips on how to lose weight and keep it off . Healthy snacks to try. I have my mind set and I really want to make this my reality.

22 Nov
It's all about baby steps. Instead of starting an entirely new eating regime, start with little substitutions. Let's say hypothetically that you'll go for a bagel every day for breakfast. Try substituting that with a PB&J, or PB&Banana (my personal favorite.) A big theme for me is making sure that I'm eating a hefty amount of protein and fiber in every meal. It doesn't always work as planned, but as long as you have it down 8/10 times, you'll feel the results.
22 Nov
Let's start a balanced diet together , i need to lose 30lbs
22 Nov
Why do you want to lose 100 pounds?
24 Nov
Squats. Do them till you can't do them any longer. Do as many as you can per set. Don't be afraid of weight lifting is good for you. You will tone up and it burns a ton of calories and fat.
27 Nov
Hey Victoria!! You don't have to lose 100 pounds!! You look great the way you are. A slim body doesn't define a person. Aand you are not fat!! ( profile picture)
Image_thumb
21 Posts
Nov 22, 2014 7:46am
via Android

From my personal experience this is what you should do
Lifestyle change not a diet
Eat 6 small meals a day
Stay away from the following
Fried foods , white refined carbs, starchy veggies, fatty foods. Sugar is your worse enemy. Avoid it at all costs
If you do eat carbs do not have it later than 2pm.
Here is what you should eat
Chicken , fish and lean meat cuts
Green leafy veggies
Salads
Fruits
Nuts in moderation
Drink only water. No soda. No fruit juices. ( too much sugar)
Excerise for the start should be mostly cardio. Just so you can feel better and get some confidence. Thereafter start with light weight training combined with cardio.

Doing this for the last 6 months i lost 75 pounds. From a size 48 pants to a loose fitting 42. And to be really honest i have not followed the eating plan 100 percent. At times i would have pizza etc

Hope it helps... it will be achieved if you are consistent

Loghain_de_pacquet_thumb
61 Posts
Nov 22, 2014 9:43am

As Alec said, baby steps to start. Follow people who have the same mindset and who will motivate and encourage you. Don't sweat it if you have a bad day, just remember to look forward. Do it for you!

Added you to my list, so feel free to follow back.

Image_thumb
110 Posts
Nov 22, 2014 7:54pm
via iOS
Hey,Victoria! :) you need to lose a lot.at the beginning bad side is that you have to do a lot.the good one is that you will start loving very soon changes and your new things if they become kind of a hobby,dedication. I have lost a lot,now i recieve compliments and i nust keep going in my new way. And i started with luttle things-i added walking in my everyday life.after i started to eliminate bad things from my menu.and after i started to balance to have good relationship between both. To do it right, i have my diary.i use some apps on my phone but also i find time to record on paper.i have my workout diary,i make notes,advices.and written down they have bigger force,you see what have you done more reallistic.so good luck and i am open for a support if needed! :)
23 Nov
Thank you very much and support is gladly appreciated . How much have you lost if you don't mind me asking ? What apps do you use?
23 Nov
If in pounds, it is something around 45 pounds in 10 month.still not ended my losing program,i need to lose some more 15-20pounds. My favourite apps are: endomondo (kind of a runkeeper) for walking,runinng, moves (it is always on and counts my steps during the day), lifesum (kind of a myfitnesspal) for food diary, at the beginning i loved 'my diet diary' with its nice support group but it crashed on my phone,also time by time i use nike training club,i do some exercises or programs there,all it is for free. And of corse i love skimble,it is ib the...
Image_thumb
1 Post
Nov 23, 2014 8:08am
via Android

This sounds like something I could do

Image_thumb
382 Posts
Nov 23, 2014 11:24am
via Android

You've gotten lots of good advice already (even though I don't really agree with some of the diet suggestions, I'm a lot more for the low carb/high fat kind of thing) but one more important point: what is really important to remember is that losing weight permanently, and especially if it's a lot of weight, is going to take time. It can take as much as a year or two. People often expect immediate results and get discouraged if they don't lose weight fast. In the first few weeks one often loses a lot of water weight, which means that weight-loss can be fast, but after that a healthy amount to lose is 0,5-1 kilogram a week (roughly 1-2 pounds I think). I recommend ditching the scale altogether and relying on picture diary, measuring tape and clothe fit. For women especially weight-loss is better measured in inches than in pounds. I went on a diet with my then boyfriend seven years ago and was so discouraged when he after the first week had lost like five kgs and I hadn't even lost a full one. Then we measured our waists and I had lost five centimeters and he just a couple. :)

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Nov 23, 2014 12:03pm
via Android
23 Nov
I'm starting that program next week! Looking forward to it. :)
23 Nov
I dont think it is worth it to pay for such a program, at the beginning try free workouts here on skimble or in nike training club where they give nice free 4 week programs :) at the very beginning i thought i will pay for it but someone adviced me to wait and i am not sorry. It is not even about money but motivation and dedication! ;)
23 Nov
I need to too. Been lazy.
Image_thumb
138 Posts
Nov 23, 2014 12:42pm
via Android

All the best Victoria!! You can do it!!

23 Nov
Im with u :-) trying to lose 100 too
23 Nov
Starting a program called 21 day fix tell u how much I lose and my experience with it
23 Nov
Image_thumb
520 Posts
Nov 24, 2014 1:04am
via Android

Tons of great diet options here try carb cycling too with 3 high carb days following 3 low carb days and don't forget healthy fats from nuts olive/coconut/fish oils they should always make 10  to 13 percent of your daily intake. Good luck in your goal! :D

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Nov 27, 2014 4:40am
via Android

Just make a choice and stick to it. It will not always be easy, but will always be worth it! Good luck!

Icon_missing_thumb
10 Posts
Nov 27, 2014 9:04pm
via Android

Hi Tori, are you keeping a workout/food diary to track activity and nutrition? I found that helpful. Also, I needed to tackle behaviour that was keeping me unfit-might sound obvious but I used to think it would evaporate if I wanted to be fit "badly enough"...but it didn't evaporate!! So I'd suggest planning and developing strategies. (-:

Image_thumb
209 Posts
Nov 28, 2014 12:33am
via iOS
I read a article about losing weight by not eating any white flour products. I might give it a try. I need to lose about 60lbs.
Image_thumb
68 Posts
Nov 28, 2014 3:09am
via Android

Babydoll a 100lbs is huge but you can do it. It's not gonna be overnight and it's not gonna be easy. But errday is a progress. Ull get there soon enough. Goodluck honeybunny.  :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51