Eating habits

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Nov 25, 2014 8:44pm
via Android

I feel like the last few days have gone pretty well, especially with the motivation I'm receiving from everyone here, so thank you for that!

I'm realizing I have another problem though. My eating habits just suck, plain and simple. I eat when I want, what I want, and how much I want.

Since I cleaned up my life I just want to eat everything in sight! I use to not eat for days, but it's the exact opposite now.

I do understand that I can pretty much eat what I want in moderation and just watch the portions, but how do I gain this self control? Have you tried anything that has worked?

25 Nov
I had the same problem when I straightened my act up to.. I'm not sure if we're on the same page when you say "clean" anyways if we are here is a bit of info.. when your using it releases dopamine the feel good euphoric feeling so does eating so does love making but eating just is easier and faster ,lol !! Just like getting clean you have to teach yourself give your brain time to heal give your emotions time to regulate and don't give up !! Your life didn't become a huge disaster in one night neither will...
25 Nov
We definitely are on the same page. This was extremely helpful information. I've never heard it out that way, probably because I can't relate to many people when it comes to my past ateast not my friends. This really makes sense though, thank you so much. I'll let you know if this helps :)
25 Nov
Good stuff from Kellie, its a mind game at this point and you determine who wins the battle! Set yourself a schedule to eat every 3-4 hours with only a healthy snack in between if you're hungry and only if you're hungry! Drink a glass of water and wait 15 minutes before eating. Exercise also releases feel good endorphins so bust out your best dance move, drop it like a squat, jump rope, jog, anything to get moving! Hit us up too if you need or want extra support :-)
25 Nov
Thwnk Anthony! I'm going to follow you to keep u close lol. Same for you Kellie. I want to win this battle, and I WILL. I just wasn't prepared for hard work lol, I thought losing weight was easy... I definitely thought wrong!
25 Nov
You're welcome :D PM me anytime and feel free to kick me in the ass if I'm slacking!
Image_thumb
520 Posts
Nov 25, 2014 9:38pm
via Android

Pre plan your meals and start counting everything you're eating and make sure that you burn what you ate over a course of a day use my fitness pal ( app ) or create a deficit of 500 cals if your goal is weight loss. Good luck

25 Nov
I have tried my fitness pal before, and I did see results, i guess I just have become lazy and not wanting to put forth the effort to track all of my food. I'll try it again and see if I can maybe tweak how my brain works to make this a daily habit lol. Thanks!
25 Nov
Haha yeah knowing how much you're eating helps after a week of putting in the info you won't even need to do it anymore you'll know what has how many calories and stuff. Can I ask you something? I know someone who is using do you know what I can do to get them motivated enough to clean up? And what was your poison so to speak?
25 Nov
Tell them to think about their future. School, having degrees, a family of their own. That helped me a lot. Also, both of my parents died from heroin, my dad was an overdose and the long term effects got my mom. It's a really shitty situation but I was fortunate enough to see first hand what drugs do someone. If they have someone in their family who's using as well, and is doing so well, have them take a close look at that person's situation. I was doing cocaine and ecstasy together for about 2 and half years or so.
25 Nov
Not doing so well* is what I meant
25 Nov
Thanks I hope she'll come around too she is on coke too not e though as far as I know. Yeah I'll try all of the things you said thanks for the help and great going yourself I've stopped smoking and cut down on alcohol to only drinking socially and a minimal amount then too so I know it's difficult to leave the addictions. Proud of your success. If you'd like a workout buddy then Hmu
Image_thumb
16 Posts
Nov 26, 2014 12:19am
via Android

i have problems with eating too much so i've downsized my plates. and when i get cravings i sit on the couch and clench my fists or have a glass of water instead

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51