BMI

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
13 Posts
Nov 26, 2014 1:18pm
via Android

Is BMI only way to tell how fit I am..what are other easy ways to figure it out???

Image_thumb
214 Posts
Nov 26, 2014 1:45pm
via Android

You could check the body fat percentage as well and when it comes to strength and resistance here are some challenges which can help you figure out something about how fit are you actually :)

Image_thumb
13 Posts
Nov 26, 2014 1:48pm
via Android

I am doing regular cardio and contraction exercises lately..it is helpful in loosing weight..what challanges are you referring to? For Body fat test , I need to figure out more abt it..thx :)

26 Nov
If u go to your local gym they can let you use a analyzer. I'm sure they'd help with that even if you are not a member.
Image_thumb
214 Posts
Nov 26, 2014 2:04pm
via Android

Well done, good for you :) I'm talking about challenge - workouts you can browse here, in Workout Trainer. Usually planks and max reps excersises... This way you could say "Hey, I killed this 2 min full plank challenge, I guess my abs aren't bad at all " lol
There are accurate ways to check your body fat percentage, but you could also try an app: you'll need to give some input data about hight, weight and few circumferences like waist, neck and/or others and it'll calculate it :)

Image_thumb
382 Posts
Nov 26, 2014 3:59pm
via Android

BMI was never intended to measure "health" by the developer of the system. He was only interested in statistics. Since muscles weigh more than fat, a muscular person can have a high BMI, which in my opinion ultimately points out the worthlessness of the system. And speaking of health, even though overweight people seem to be in higher risk of developing heart diseases, diabetes etc, these conditions are more connected to lifestyle than to bodyweight. Hence the expression lifestyle diseases. Being overweight isn't equal to being unhealthy, and vice versa being slim isn't equal to being healthy.

BMI annoys me so much.

Image_thumb
821 Posts
Nov 26, 2014 6:20pm
via Android

Do some pull ups you'll see how fit you are. If it becomes harder after a few weeks you've gained weight if it's easier you've gained muscle. BMW is a good reference point when you workout consistently.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51