Pain..

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
36 Posts
Nov 27, 2014 3:35am
via Android

Anyone ever had a pain between the neck and shoulder after doing sit ups? Weird place for a pain, but it didn't start til after I did my sit ups for the day.

27 Nov
You're likely straining your neck forward when you come up. That can cause muscle injury in that area. My suggestion is to do neck stretching to ease the pain. I would stop the sit ups and do other ab work while until the pain is gone.
27 Nov
I figured. I just started doing sit ups again. I had to stop last week because of a pulled muscle. :/
Image_thumb
114 Posts
Nov 27, 2014 3:54am
via iOS
Sorry to hear that :/. There are all kinds of alternative ab & core work you can do until your neck feels better.
27 Nov
Thanks!
Image_thumb
117 Posts
Nov 27, 2014 4:16am
via Android

stop using your head to pull your shoulders off the floor when you do crunches ;)

I do that too sometimes

Image_thumb
382 Posts
Nov 27, 2014 6:54am
via Android

Keep your neck and head in a neutral position. I find it harder not to use my head and neck to pull up if I keep my arms crossed over my chest. I support my head with my hands behind it, but I don't pull with my arms, I just lightly rest my head in my hands. Look at a point in the ceiling throughout the sit-up to avoid strain on your neck and keep your elbows out to not move them forward because that's when you start pulling.

Image_thumb
365 Posts
Nov 27, 2014 6:56am
via Android

Hope ya feel better

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51