This is my personal daily log for the next 30 days

NOVEMBER 30TH - THE STATS
6 foot 1ins tall
217lbs

WORKOUT PROGRAM: BASED ON A 30 DAY SHRED - MY DAY WILL BE SPLIT BETWEEN:
MORNING - ABS/STRETCHING
MID AFTERNOON (when possible) - light cardio
EVENING - "30 DAYS OF PAIN" workout + yoga/stretching/Pilates

MEAL PLAN: CREATED BY MY SEXY SUPERSTAR, Erin K - 3 days low cal (2480 ), 1 day high cal (3255 ). 50% carbs, 30% protein, 20% fats - 6 meals per day

SUPPLEMENTS - all cals and protein will be consumed, no protein shakes. Pre-workout drink only

WEAKNESSES - (1) Beer!!!! ZERO alcohol except for Xmas day (2) coffee! No more than 2 cups a day, no milk or sugar

STRENGTHS - (1) I can literally eat the same thing every day and it doesn't bother me (2) I'm a stubborn mother****er!! (See point one)

TARGET - 17lb weight loss and tone the hell up again in time for January
30 Nov
Hi Scotty!!! It sounds very challenging. Keep strong Cheers!!!
30 Nov
Remember to weigh in every week so we can tweak your cals and macronutrients!
30 Nov
Thanks Miguel. @erin, I'm weighing myself every single day babe, just like the guy does in the program
30 Nov
I pushing for similar results in next month. I'll follow along your journey to see how it goes!
01 Dec
Thanks drew
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Nov 30, 2014 12:22pm
via iOS
NOV 30th **217Lbs** - THE DAY BEFORE - so two weeks of partying and saying goodbye to friends has seen my weight go from 202lbs to 217lbs. I start my 30 day program tomorrow so today was just about doing some low impact cardio as I come out of having an annoying cold. My meal plan is set, my workouts are all planned for the first week, and I'm excited to start. The program I've chosen is an intense combination of high volume weights, HIIT, and steady state cardio in the first week. One rest day but I intend to do more cardio on my rest day (Sunday) to really kick start the program.
30 Nov
Make that 217lbs!!!!! WTF?!?!? I've gained 15lbs in a few weeks!!!!!! FFS!!!!!
30 Nov
That's a lot of beer lol!
30 Nov
It was 3000 calories a night out mate!! Not good !!!!!
Image_thumb
612 Posts
Nov 30, 2014 2:15pm
via Android

I saw the 2 cups of coffee per day and thought.... Hell no! Lol
Go for it matey... You got this one

30 Nov
Thanks Alan. It's not the coffee, more the milk I have with it. I could do with cutting my caffeine down though so will just have to deal with it
Image_thumb
22 Posts
Nov 30, 2014 2:22pm
via Android

Good luck mate

30 Nov
Thanks Veer
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Nov 30, 2014 2:27pm
via Android

Good luck Scott!! You can do it!!

30 Nov
Thanks Dejan
Nov 30, 2014 7:22pm
Well planned! Go for it, Scotty!!
30 Nov
Thanks Adam, appreciate it
Loghain_de_pacquet_thumb
61 Posts
Nov 30, 2014 11:38pm
via Android

Go man. With Erin in your corner, you'll do this in a canter Scotty. Looking forward to the updates.

01 Dec
She'll make sure I don't take it easy in myself mate!
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Dec 1, 2014 6:47am
via iOS
DAY ONE **217lbs** ( 5hours 18mins sleep. 70.1% efficiency ) - had trouble sleeping last night but that's no excuse. I'm expecting to lose around 4-5lbs of water weight this week but would hope to be able to knock off 7lbs by Sunday. Started my morning off with some ab work. Doing cardio at lunchtime then it's time to feel the pain tonight at the gym... CAN'T WAIT!! 
Image_thumb
14 Posts
Dec 1, 2014 2:20pm
via iOS
Why no protien shakes Scotty?
01 Dec
I'm doing a shred program Peter, and trying to consume all my protein/carbs/fats in food. Only time I'll have protein shakes is if I can't consume enough on my high cal days
Image_thumb
70 Posts
Dec 1, 2014 2:48pm
via Android

Love This!

Thank you for sharing your story will definitely follow along! More people should do this! Infact I might do one too!

01 Dec
Great to hear!! It's one hell of a way to hold yourself accountable
03 Dec
Thats for sure!
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Dec 1, 2014 7:14pm
via iOS
DAY ONE - CHEST & CARDIO DAY - 1266 calories burnt (using the Skimble numbers) - stuck 100% to my meal plan & kept my coffee down to 1 cup (no milk/sugar)
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Dec 2, 2014 6:38am
via iOS
DAY TWO **216lbs** ( sleep 6hrs 46mins, 97.8% efficiency ) - the weekly weigh-in is the most important, this is just about creating a morning routine to maintain focus. Feeling good this morning, woke up to a lovely message and some amazing photos from my fiancee and I'm ready to hit the gym hard tonight!! Right now it's time to wolf down my first meal of the day and kickstart my morning with some water. *NO COFFEE TODAY*
Image_thumb
13 Posts
Dec 2, 2014 7:20am
via Android

Please write a book about your 30 day life ? I promise I will buy it! :) aaaaaaand you will be looking great when you are getting married! You will get rewarded for working so hard! 2015 is waiting for you !!!!!!!

02 Dec
Lol, I'm not interesting enough to write a book! But thanks
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Dec 2, 2014 7:58pm
via iOS
DAY TWO - BACK & CARDIO DAY - 780 cals burnt (using the Skimble numbers) as I didn't have the chance to get my lunchtime jog in - stuck 100% to my meal plan & had no coffee today either which is a miracle! Expecting to be a little sore tomorrow as my back workout was brutal today. But I smashed it!! 
02 Dec
Use a foam roller on your back. If you don't have one use a soccer ball or volleyball. Does wonders!
02 Dec
Yeah those foam rollers are great! I got into yoga as well for when I really feel it. Thanks Drew
Image_thumb
34 Posts
Dec 3, 2014 4:06am
via Android

Hell yeah!! You got this big dawg, best of luck bro!

03 Dec
Cheers Roy! It's going well so far
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Dec 3, 2014 6:48am
via iOS
DAY THREE **215.2lbs** ( sleep 6hrs 7mins, 85% efficiency ) - feeling a little groggy this morning as I struggled to get a good nights sleep again. No ab work this morning but I'll have time to take a short jog at lunchtime which will freshen me up in time for arms/abs/calves tonight. Really looking forward to tonight's workout, it's INTENSE! Yesterday's workout was amazing & I'm loving having to push through the pain each day.. COME ON!!!! 
03 Dec
What do you mean by sleep efficiency? And why not have your morning coffee? 1 cup without sugar can't be that bad?! For all I know it makes you burn more calories?! Keep up the great work
03 Dec
Hi Alta, the sleep efficiency is from an app I use to track my sleeping quality to make sure I get at least 7 hours sleep coz I suffer from insomnia from time to time. I'm trying to significantly reduce my coffee intake as well coz I don't like it black.
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Dec 3, 2014 8:21pm
via iOS
DAY THREE - BICEPS/TRICEPS/ABS & CARDIO - 1207 cals burnt (using the Skimble numbers) as I managed to get a lunchtime jog in as well. Tonight's workout was insane! Totally loved it!! Feeling sore & exhausted now but ready for leg day tomorrow.. Grrrrrrrrr

Stuck to meal plan again, 3 days in a row now & no cravings (probably coz I'm too shattered to think about it!) 

Going strong! 
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Dec 4, 2014 6:50am
via iOS
DAY FOUR **215.6lbs** ( 6hr 59mins 92.3% efficiency ) - no weight loss but daily fluctuations are expected when trying to maintain muscle so I'm not bothered about a mild fluctuation. Today is a high calorie day so I can have a coffee with milk!! (It's the small things!) and two protein shakes. Today is also LEG DAY(!) and I'm kinda looking forward to it, but also scared to hell coz its a monster workout! No jogging today, conserving my energy for tonight. 

SORE & LOVING IT 
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Dec 4, 2014 7:58pm
via iOS
DAY FOUR - LEGS & CARDIO (LOTS OF CARDIO!!) - 1045 cals burnt (using the Skimble numbers) but I'm sure I burnt way more than that!! Tonight's workout was a MONSTER & I'm gonna be walking funny for a couple of days. Going strong & feeling good, yes I'm sore & yes I wake up aching, but a bit of cardio warm-up & a hot shower & I'm back on it! Quitting is for losers

Today was a high calorie day so instead of my usual 2480 calories I've had 3255 and stuck to my meal plans yet again. I find this part of working out pretty easy thankfully as I've got used to eating healthy rather than thinking of it as a "diet" ( HATE that word!! ) 
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Dec 5, 2014 7:00am
via iOS
DAY FIVE **213.2lbs** (no sleep info coz I forgot to switch it on!) - boom baby!! Very happy with the direction my weight is heading in particularly as I'm not noticing any issues with a loss of muscle. High calorie day yesterday was fun but it's back to my normal calories of 2480 for the next 3 days. SHOULDER day tonight.. I ****ing love shoulder day so I'm gonna smash the shizz outta it tonight!! 

Feeling gooooooooooooooooooood 
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Dec 5, 2014 8:06pm
via iOS
DAY FIVE - SHOULDERS AND CARDIO - I luuuuuuurve working the shoulders!!! - 1100 calories burnt coz I went for a jog during the day as well. Lifted heavy as hell today & really enjoyed tonight's session. Tomorrow is arms/abs & calves which I always enjoy as well. 

Hit my meal plan numbers easily again today now I'm into a routine. Gonna look ripped to shit by the end of the 30 days baby!!! (Well.... Ripped by my standards anyway!!) 
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Dec 6, 2014 9:23am
via iOS
DAY SIX **214.6lbs** ( sleep efficiency 7hrs 43mins 80.1% ) - slight weight gain this morning but weight fluctuation is perfectly normal and it's the weight on Monday (my first week in) that's important. Losing weight while keeping muscle is a bitch but I'm beginning to see good cuts in my mid-section so I'm more than happy!! 

Time to hit the gym!!! 
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Dec 6, 2014 8:19pm
via iOS
DAY SIX - BICEPS/TRICEPS/CALVES/ABS & CARDIO - 1456 calories burnt today as I also did 3 hours of walking. Freaking loving this program so far & whilst the scales only say I've lost 2lbs in the last 6 days I'm not concerned as the creator of the program explains that it's the second week that the difference should begin to be really visible for most people. Uploading progress photos tomorrow after a full week has been completed. 

LEARN TO LOVE THE ACHES & PAINS PEOPLE!!! IT'S YOUR BODY TELLING YOU YOU'RE ALIVE!!!! 

06 Dec
What are you using to track your sleep Scotty?
06 Dec
It's an iPhone app called "Sleep Meister". I'm not sure how accurate it is but I'm using it to try to stick to around 7-8 hours sleep a day. Seems to back up how I feel in the morning!
Image_thumb
20 Posts
Dec 7, 2014 12:41am
via Android

Ok, thanx for explaining... There's nothing better than freshly brewed black coffee with some dark chocolate (75%+ cacao)

07 Dec
Or with mint creamer. Mmmm
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Dec 7, 2014 9:23am
via iOS
FIRST WEEK WEIGH-IN 213.4lbs (down from a starting weight of 217lbs)
Very happy with the start!! Stoked about the coming week as the HIIT increases and the steady state cardio reduces so the cuts should really begin to come in now. I'm hoping to get to 210lbs and below by next Sunday.. 

I GOT THIS!! 

Adjusting my calories today and my meal plans to compensate for the lost weight & uploading progress photos later today.. It's been a good week!!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51