I need motivation

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Dec 4, 2014 7:41pm
via Android

I haven't been working out lately. I was doing yoga. Now I am trying to get back on the exercise train again. The only problem I have is my muscles are too stiff and hurt. Advice please

Image_thumb
73 Posts
Dec 4, 2014 9:00pm
via Android

You know 'no pain no gain'?? Well when your achy its a good sign your pushing yourself. I strive for that ache in the gym! Try cold showers after your workout and hot bath soaks. Warming up before working out & stretching after helps a great too aswell.

As far as motivation goes. There are many inspiring people to follow on this app. And were all here to support & encourage one another. Maybe give yourself small targets daily and once you've reached them increase you time or intensity. Or if daily is too much then every other day.

Remember you get out what you put in! Good luck hun x

04 Dec
Thank you I will keep that in mind honey
Image_thumb
40 Posts
Dec 5, 2014 4:20pm
via Android

My trainer always said, "If you're not sore, you're not doin it right". Now I make sure I push as hard as I can each time. One hour of what I was doing up until 4 months ago, was equal to 4-5 strong yet moderate workouts. So any time I sat driving for any length of time, slept, etc....my muscles would get so tight I couldn't imagine doing it all over again. Yet, soon as I started warming up & getting into it, my muscles quickly relaxed.

I was told to take ice baths.....never did it, lol & stretch before bed. I always just jump in bed, so I just do things like lunges from my stairs to kitchen, squats during commercial breaks, & stretching here & there.

As for motivation, I have become very motivated by looking thru the diff quick workouts on this app. It feels good to do a challenge in the morning, & then 2-4 quick workouts in the evening.

There's a few of us doing the 30 Day HIIT Challenge & I made a check-in post if you'd like to join us. A guy, Matthew, posts the following days challenge in the check in post, & they're quick workouts that'll kick ur butt.....at least they're kicking mine. Lol.

05 Dec
Okay I will try that out. It should be fun.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51