Any advice?

3 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Dec 6, 2014 1:35am
via iOS
I'm new to this and I would like to get advice on maybe what to eat and what to do or how long I should workout?
1485091_704603232951115_3659196132435405343_n_thumb
3 Posts
Dec 6, 2014 11:23am
via iOS
You're new, so start slow. I recommend 30 mins to start and see how you get on if after 30 mins you feel like you can do more, do it! But don't forget to warm up and cool down properly or you will feel it the next day. 
As for eating, my motto is mix it up! You can't eat salads every day you'll get bored and frankly they don't taste great. I am on slimming world and have been for about 6 weeks, that and a steady workout schedule (an hour 4 times a week) I've lost almost 2 stone. Stick at it, it takes patience and a lot of determination! Good luck! :) 
Image_thumb
30 Posts
Dec 6, 2014 12:46pm

Check out MyFitnessPal to track what you eat, drink, and exercise. This will help you see where you're at and can help you get to where you want to be. It will also help you determine a starting point for the number of calories you should be eating daily based on your fitness goals. It can be downloaded to your smartphone, you can use the website, or you can do both.

As for workouts, start off at a slower pace so you're not over doing it right away and too sore to continue. There are all kinds of workouts on here that you can do at home or in the gym. I like how you can search based on time, intensity, location, and body parts.

Good luck and have fun with it! The more you enjoy something the more you're likely to stick it out.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51