At a stand still

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Dec 8, 2014 8:23pm
via Android

I have been working out and trying to lose weight for over a year. I have lost 45 pounds. I was 180 now 135. The problem is, I can't seem to lose anymore. I do cardio all the time and when I diet I stick with it. Any one else in the same boat? Any advice? I can't seem to motivate myself knowing my weight loss has stopped

09 Dec
U may need to shock your body. HIIT is a good start but do something totally different like swimming for cardio. Try switching your diet to spike your metabolism. You need to check your BMI. If your are at a low percentage of body fat like 12 you may not want to loss anymore?
09 Dec
Like Demetrius said. Shock your system. Do a few days of heavy weight, low reps then mix it up with light weights and high reps. HIIT, Tabata exercise etc. Keep the body guessing to keep it changing
10885059_10152683174188073_6501637621910783697_n_thumb
4 Posts
Dec 8, 2014 8:58pm
via Android

With cardio workouts unless you keep upping intensity your body becomes accustomed to routine and it does less towards your goals of weight & body fat % loss. Do some of the interval workouts and start adding in anaerobic exercises. Weight lifting (anaerobic) and HIIT (high intensity interval training) will do wonders to get you over this plateau.

08 Dec
How tall ru that you wanna lose even more weight?
08 Dec
5'6 I have a few areas like my stomach and thighs that just aren't quite where I would like em
M7567949_1384380151567_thumb
27 Posts
Dec 8, 2014 9:11pm
via Android

Sounds like.your weight and height are in good harmony. Is it bodyfat that is bothering you in those particular areas?

08 Dec
Hmm ya I guess so. I don't really care about losing pounds but I know when the pounds come off everything gets smaller and toned more
08 Dec
Look up the Tabatas in the workout area. Do those rather than a day of cardio. Look up some basic total body workouts, too. In doing weight training you may see your weight increase but your bf% will decrease. Have your local gym give you a free bf% assessment. You may have to listen to their "you need to pay us to train you" schpiel but that number will help you better assess progress at this point in your journey.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51