How do you stay motivated?

12 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Dec 12, 2014 1:36pm
via Android

Hello all, I'm curious how everyone stays motivated? I'm a full-full-time parent and a full-full-time medical student and by the time I get home and put my daughter to bed I'm exhausted!
Which usually ends with me just going to bed myself. I love the feeling after a great workout and my ultimate goal is to lose about 120lbs. I try to workout once and a week and have completely changed my diet as well as portion control. So far I'm down 15lbs!
Any tips or suggestions would be extremely appreciated!

12 Dec
I have the same problem and Michael gave me some good advice. Work out with someone that has similar goals to you and that will help you! You can even follow people on skimble that will make you motivated. Depending on your goals, you can probably find someone on skimble to message everyday after an exercise to speak to :) hope this helped x
12 Dec
Eat Wheaties
16 Dec
you must trust
16 Dec
Trust what Daniel?
17 Dec
In a progress
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Dec 12, 2014 3:04pm
via Android

Thank you, I have been trying to find someone to workout with but all of my friends are as busy as I am or our schedules are completely opposite.
I'm somewhat new to skimble and never really talk to anyone. Always afraid of being judged, ya know.

Dec 12, 2014 4:34pm
Hi there, Erin! No need to be afraid of being judged here, I've been on Skimble for a few months now and got nothing but encouragement, and a lot of it! The community here is really friendly and supportive. Do whatever you're able to do at the moment, being so busy obviously you won't have much time for workouts, but that's fine: a small step forward will always bring you closer to your goal than no step at all, right? And there are many wise and experienced people here who are always willing to help, explain and motivate those who are willing to improve their health and fitness. Wish you happy skimbling! :-)
Image_thumb
520 Posts
Dec 12, 2014 4:58pm
via Android

Always love a workout/motivation  buddy finding time is just about priorities and by the looks of it you're going great about your goals! wish you good luck :) p.s I follow back

Image_thumb
327 Posts
Dec 12, 2014 5:37pm
via Android

Love to be ur workout buddy,inbox me x

Image_thumb
36 Posts
Dec 12, 2014 6:04pm
via Android

What I do is use my family is a motivation the rest of them are dealing with the same problem of weight loss and not doing anything about it I don't want to end up like them I want to be different and healthy. Heart problems run in family and gaining weight don't help. Also listening to music while working out helps out a lot. makes it fun.

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Dec 12, 2014 6:39pm
via Android

Thank You, guys. I appreciate it! I just need a push now and then to get my butt in gear.

16 Dec
Don't worry girl we got ya. I always say if you don't enjoy doing exercise then it won't get done no one likes choirs so make it fun. Lol
17 Dec
This is true! :) thank you sweetie
Image_thumb
30 Posts
Dec 12, 2014 7:20pm

The key thing is to get up and do something, anything. Taking a 5-10 minute walk on your lunch break or with your daughter when you get home for the day is a small step in the right direction and is better than doing nothing at all.

There are all kinds of short 5-10 minute workouts in skimble that you can do in your living room. Once you get the ball rolling and keep it rolling you'll find yourself making more time to be active.

I'm self employed and work from home and put in 12-16 hour days when things are busy. I didn't make time to be active but once I decided that I was tired of being out of shape and over weight and was ready to do something about it, I found myself taking time out of the day to do a quick workout here and there or a quick walk around the block. I feel much better about myself now that I'm eating better and exercising.

Good luck with your journey, be focused, and stay positive!

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Dec 13, 2014 5:22am
via Android

Looks like you're off to a good start. Like you I had no time or even the energy to do any kind of working out. Then I stepped on the scale one day and saw 197. I was mortified. But I did exactly as you're doing now, changed everything about my diet and also took the longer way home by walking. Just those "little" things dropped me down to 160. Now I've taken the Skimble leap and enjoy going home and getting a workout in. If I and many others like me can do it, you can to. Everyone just needs that extra push. Good luck and stay strong. You'll make it. Together we all can.

Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Dec 13, 2014 7:48am
via iOS
Hi Erin, I suggest you start follow a whole chunk of people and see what workouts they do coz we all have different goals on here. If they don't work out, unfollow them, if they do then check out their workouts. Variety is the spice of life !! Good luck
13 Dec
Thank you, Scotty.
Image_thumb
26 Posts
Dec 13, 2014 1:39pm
via Android

There are many ways how I stay motivated, I like to set maself loads of small goals and make sure I reach dem i tell maself what will happen if I dnt lol . I also try and make working out as much fun as I possibly can

13 Dec
Thank you, Kaner. :)
13 Dec
Your welcome hun; oh and don't let anyone discourage you aswell ie haters
13 Dec
I try not too but it's hard sometimes. I'm just trying to stay focused on me and making myself healthier. :)
13 Dec
It's not always gonna be hard doe dus one good thing atleast , and yeah as long as u stay focused dus hull dut matters . You can do it
Image_thumb
74 Posts
Dec 13, 2014 1:42pm
via Android

Set your goals and always think on where you wanna get trust me we all support you

13 Dec
Thank you. :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51