Need advice, feeling discouraged.

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Dec 13, 2014 2:07am
via Android

I have been doing all different types of exercises, not all of them on scimble. I have been tracking all of my food intake and exercise on myfitnesspal. At first I was losing weight but now I am gaining it back. I have been really good and totally honest about what I eat. I am eating a Paleoish diet. I am limiting my wheat and sugar intake and no processed foods. What am I doing wrong? Help :(

13 Dec
You are doing nothing wrong :-) Remember, even the greatest novels have plateau periods within. Just focus on how you are ending the story, and the journey will feel loads shorter.
13 Dec
I'm in the same place... I'm not discouraged bc it's making me step it up in the gym... but I would be interested to see what responses you get bc this is exactly me right now Lol
13 Dec
You may have lost fat but gained muscle mass! Muscle is good!
Dec 13, 2014 3:47am
via Android

Dont give up. Sometimes the body need changes, try doing something different from what you are currently doing.  Hope this help.

Image_thumb
14 Posts
Dec 13, 2014 3:58am
via Android

Your body becomes more efficient at working out,  so mixing it up or doing intervals may help.  Also, it's been super hard for me to keep losing/keep the weight off at the end of the year because of all of the parties, food, and stress.  How much you sleep can also be a factor.   Love where you're at and be kind...you will get there.

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Dec 13, 2014 12:08pm
via Android

My husband and I are starting crossfit possibly next week. Hopefully that does the trick.

13 Dec
Crossfit cardio will burn a fair chunk of calorie so should help you go up a level. Hope you enjoy it
Image_thumb
1654 Posts
Dec 13, 2014 1:03pm
via iOS
Are you tracking your calories? As you drop weight, in simple terms you need to either cut calories or workout more to keep dropping. I'm 13 days into a program and hit a plateau this week but couldn't workout any harder coz I'm shattered so I tweaked my meals and dropped 200 calories a day made up mostly of carbs, I've dropped another 2lbs as a result. Keep feeding your body, keep working out hard and tweak your meals a little. Plateaus are totally normal for everyone
13 Dec
I have been eating (net) 1200 calories per day that all depends on how many calories I burn working out.
13 Dec
Have you consistently been on 1200 net?
13 Dec
Mandy I loose and gain weight all the time and I actually dictate that because I know my body. Everyone is built differently more especially with different metabolisms, knowing your body and metabolism as an individual will take you far. You mostly gain weight while sleeping just like your face breaks out while sleeping. So just like some wash their face before going to bed to prevent breakouts, your last meal of the day will determine the outcome of your results. You workout during the day or in the morning whatever works for you feed your body with the right...
13 Dec
Thanks Peter, I usually eat breakfast around 10am at work and it is usually oatmeal with a banana. I work out during lunch with other people at work. That is usually a video or I go to the gym and lift weights. I eat lunch at 2:30pm which is usually a turkey sandwich on paleo Bread or whole wheat bread with grapes. Dinner depends on what we make for dinner. I put in the calories from everything else from the day and whatever calories are left over is what I make sure I don't go over for dinner. I do...
13 Dec
I'm finding that just a small tweak of 200cals and reducing my carbs, increasing my fats and protein is working for me. I'd suggest you play with your diet a little and see what works for you. Slight changes can make a big difference
Image_thumb
520 Posts
Dec 13, 2014 5:22pm
via Android

Start eating some healthy omega 3 fats from nuts olive oil coconut oil and fish oil, flaxseed in your oatmeal will go a long way too and try carb cycling with 3 high carb days following 3 low carb days eat some protein too in your breakfast and you afford to eat more than 1200 as you're working out. The best tip I can give you is forget the scales and focus on getting the person in the mirror look better. Scales can be deceiving focus on your body fat percentage :) good luck with your goals!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51