Excuses, excuses

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
55 Posts
Dec 14, 2014 4:35pm
via Android

So I just spent a week in the hospital for mental health reasons. Shortly before that I took an 11 day trip to visit my partner who loves halfway across the country. (No, the two are not related, my trip was wonderful and my partner is unbelievably supportive.)

So anyway, I had been on a roll before that, I lost almost 20 lbs. But now I've lost all my momentum.

I'm tempted to just take the rest of the month off, stay at this weight for a bit, pick back up at the new year, etc. But I know in January I'll have excuses too.

Besides, exercise is good for depression. So even if I take the weight-loss pressure out of the equation for a while, I still need to get back on my horse and start exercising regularly again. Boy, am I dragging my feet though.

Any encouragement, motivation, helpful tips and tricks, etc would be greatly appreciated.

14 Dec
To move mountains, you must first move muscles.
14 Dec
We could be motivational buddies and chat over Kik if you'd still need motivation or just someone to talk about fitness lol my id is Raja_Abdullah or whatsapp me at +923464522299
14 Dec
I'm not sure about the bit about getting back on your horse, they might not let you in the gym on it? ;-)
Image_thumb
520 Posts
Dec 14, 2014 4:52pm
via Android

Work out for the feeling you get after a good workout focus on that and the goals will start being met on their own :) track the progress using the mirror and the only workout you'd regret is the one you miss so get moving and put the time at hand to good use :) happy working out :D

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Dec 16, 2014 5:29am
via Android

There is a single saying I tell myself when I try to weasel out of my workouts. Maybe it'll help you, too.

"Be stronger than your excuses."

Much encouragement and many hugs!

16 Dec
Good saying, like it! It is the workouts that you do when you really don't feel like it that make the difference and they are the most satisfying when you are finished.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51