Weight loss 2015

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
17 Posts
Dec 23, 2014 2:30pm
via Android

I'm getting married next year and I'm not only looking to lose a few pounds to look great in my dress but want to make a few lifestyle changes for a healthier me. I tend to hop on and off the fitness wagon. Lose a few pounds, quit, then gain it all again. Anyone have any tips or advice??

23 Dec
23 Dec
Hi who is this
Image_thumb
9 Posts
Dec 23, 2014 2:37pm
via Android

When you eat junk,  eat less of it a and fill up on water, eat good maybe 4, 5 days a week and splurge on the weekend with maybe a morning run every day on the weekend,  just the eating right during the week will counteract the weekend

Image_thumb
17 Posts
Dec 23, 2014 2:43pm
via Android

Thanks,  you're totally right, I find it difficult to eat right at the weekend for some reason.  During the week I find it easier,  guess I need to get in a fitness routine and stick to it. Also change my weekend eating habits,  easier said than done though :(
I'm gonna try,  I can do this

Grayshirtface_thumb
96 Posts
Dec 23, 2014 5:34pm

The key phrase here is "lifestyle change." And you're right, saying you're going to eat healthier and actually doing it are two very different things.

For me sticking with an exercise routine comes much easier than being responsible with what I eat. Tracking calories should be a way for you to measure your success at changing your lifestyle.

Don't look at tracking calories as something you HAVE to do. Look at it as a great tool and guideline to help you achieve what you WANT to do (which is, as you said, change your lifestyle). That small distinction I think will help a lot. It's certainly helped me.

Image_thumb
17 Posts
Dec 23, 2014 6:31pm
via Android

Thanks Jason, I track my carlories on myfitnesspal and use RunKeeper to log my runs. I seem to do real well for a few weeks then lose track and undo all my hard work.  I need to be more determined and stick with it

23 Dec
I totally know where you're coming from. Do you have someone that you report to? And if so, are they showering you with tough love about keeping on track? It's very helpful to be accountable to someone other than yourself.
Image_thumb
17 Posts
Dec 23, 2014 9:14pm
via Android

Unfortunately I don't.
Hopefully someone on here can kick me in to touch if my workouts starr slipping

23 Dec
23 Dec
Congratulations on your engagement. I only want to add this to the dialog. Accept your strengths and weaknesses regarding your health first and then plan your strategy based on that. Diet is a huge component. Exercise comes in a close second then sleep comes third.
23 Dec
Thanks very much, and thanks for the advice

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51