No food after 6pm

18 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
16 Posts
Dec 24, 2014 11:58pm
via Android

started yesterday with no eating after 6 pm, omg is hard. Does anyone have this problem and how do u hold urself not to do that mistake. I have done it bfore n lost weight but gained after pregnancy, my body is use to eating late ahhhh! Help. I misd my body and how light i felted

25 Dec
I definitely couldn't do it, I'm far too greedy! Good luck to you though, stick at it! :-)
25 Dec
I never believed in that as gospel. In my fitness journey I have experimented a lot. There are so many different angles you can get results with. Maybe you could eat after six. Just restrict carbs during the day so you do t spike Insulin and stay In fat burning mode. Google John Keifer and or warrior diet.
25 Dec
Would plain popcorn be a violation?
27 Dec
Drink fresh lime juice with 1 tablespoon honey (no sugar) first in the morning after wake up. It tastes funny. But best for washing away cellular toxins.. Make u feel energetic too.. (PS. 7000 yr old Ayurveda medicine...) All the best... :)
Icon_missing_thumb
16 Posts
Dec 25, 2014 12:30am
via Android

Thanks for ur reply, but eating late and going to sleep is not good.

25 Dec
Oh totally whatever works best for you is best! Rock that diet if you believe in it. I am not an expert but read and experiment a lot with myself. My main point is that there is more than one way and some of the things we hear aren't always complete truths. I respectfully disagree that eating after 6 is bad. It all depends. HahahA sorry I just rant sometimes but mainly love to talk about nutrition. Anyway. Good luck
25 Dec
I think it is not a myth but it actually works pretty well! It is difficult initially but once you get used to it you would not have any difficulties. Try to sleep early at 10 pm and wake up early and have a heavy breakfast! I have tried and it is amazing. Just a small step to not eat after 6:30 and you'll see the difference... good luck
25 Dec
It is not a myth I agree. I see that it's the same thing just flipped around. You are fasting for 14 hrs then eating a big b fast. I had always tried to flip it around and fast during day with a big dinner. I think either way works and it's preference. What work for you is best ! Merry Christmas : )
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Dec 25, 2014 12:31am
via iOS
Yes .. It is hard but it works
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Dec 25, 2014 3:59am
via Android

A trick i use is to brush my teeth when ever i feel hungry and seems to work for me

Icon_missing_thumb
16 Posts
Dec 25, 2014 6:33am
via Android

Thanks to all and i will try with the brushing my teeth method.

Icon_missing_thumb
16 Posts
Dec 25, 2014 6:39am
via Android

Thanks for ur response

Image_thumb
56 Posts
Dec 25, 2014 8:54am
via Android

Hi, I find that eating in evening can pack in the pounds and has a negative affect in the morning.   I eat but stay away from sugars and refind carbs. ..fruit also.   I snack on nuts if im hungry.  Walnuts with yogart works brilliantly.    Good luck :)

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Dec 25, 2014 8:57am
via Android

When you're hungry drink tea, if you are still hungry drink 1 Liter of water. (It really works)

Image_thumb
24 Posts
Dec 26, 2014 3:12am
via iOS
Throw away all the bad food so your not temped to eat crap
Image_thumb
55 Posts
Dec 26, 2014 6:09pm
via Android

If you're used to eating late then maybe what you need to do is take baby steps. Like for me, I'd probably start with "no food after 9" and work my way back. I know for a lot of people a healthy habit is easier to form and more likely to stick, when it doesn't completely throw off your usual routine and shock your system. There's no rush. Ease into it.

Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Dec 26, 2014 7:49pm
via iOS
I'm with Ryno in that I don't see much difference if I stop eating before 6pm. What I DO believe in though is beginning your day with a big breakfast, and with each meal eating less and less calories and fewer and fewer carbs. I have no carbs past 6pm but I'll have egg whites and greens or some chicken
Image_thumb
22 Posts
Dec 26, 2014 8:31pm
via Android

Dont eat after six if your dealing with fatty foods. But a salad is fine for a snack after six. Or any fruit

26 Dec
I got a doctor's advice on this one and was told it is not good. Might work but it's too long to fast. Not healthy. Better to eat small amounts regularly.
Image_thumb
28 Posts
Dec 26, 2014 10:05pm
via iOS
That is a good strategy.  Like I said before you can flip that on its head and get results.   Your body's naturally in fat burning mode when you wake up.  If you eat fat and protein in moderate levels say 25 G protein for breakfast you can stay in that mode.  If you eat carbohydrate and spike insulin then you will now be in fat storage mode for several hours.( and get the brain crash in several hours when your blood sugar drops)Again it all depends on how sensitive you are to carbs and when and how much exercise around carb intake Etc.   Also there are benefits to fasting if done correctly.   But yea too much fasting slows metabolism and teaches you body to store fat very efficiciently which is not good.  Sorry for bein long winded.  Lol. I am trying to figure it all out and these forums help a lot   This is a great thread a lot of good posts and ideas.   
Another good snack at night is some bone broth  very satisfying and warms you up in a cold night
26 Dec
Spot on :)
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Dec 27, 2014 12:32am
via Android

I eat late as long as I am on a routine and actually lose weight. I think high carbs late will kill a diet.

Image_thumb
22 Posts
Dec 27, 2014 12:45am
via Android

I have a very low metabolism so I can get fat easily. But I lost 11 pounds in one week and I ate anything I wanted.

Icon_missing_thumb
16 Posts
Dec 27, 2014 1:38am
via Android

What u did

Image_thumb
22 Posts
Dec 27, 2014 1:44am
via Android

It took hard work and dedication. I worked out in the morning and between every meal. And at night before I went to bed. I maid sure I didn't eat that much calories so I still ate whatever I wanted. Just a little of it if it was a huge meal. At night I had a salad ot fruit. How ever meant calories I ate that's how much I would try to lose working out. And guess what im healthy and nothings wrong with me. I like to say I did it the healthy way by not starving myself

27 Dec
I worked out after every meal cus I wanted to make sure I wasn't gonna get back to being fat and I was determined to lose the wait. But I did it also because I was bored and once my body got use to working out so much. It became fun to work out so I did when I was bored.
Icon_missing_thumb
16 Posts
Dec 28, 2014 6:42am
via Android

Thank u all for ur response, i appreciate everyones tips and opinion. I have to say i have controlled myself and no longer feeling the urged to eat late n im thinking twice n smart, its all a mind control thing n its incredible how our brain can make us do things

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51