Skimble New Year

6 posts | Original | Recent
-1 Posts
Dec 25, 2014 3:15pm
via Android

The Skimble community can be a wonderful place to find support, encouragement, and like minded people. I've been concerned this year about how the community appears to be shifting to a numbers happy, hit me up, let's swap pics community.

For me, it's simple..if someone is offering "free" advice but I have to private message them for it I need to block that person!

If someone claims to know the "secret" to fat loss and working out but have completed no workouts I need to look elsewhere for help.

If all someone wants to do is exchange usernames for another social app, I need to move away if I'm serious about my own health and fitness.

It's not to say we can't talk outside Skimble but we need to use good judgment when we choose to accept "help" from someone. Truth is, I can google an answer for you, post it as my own, and present as an "expert." Take a look at how many workouts someone has completed, read their posts, look at their activity, then decide if you think they can be helpful.

Let's also remember that men and women truly enjoy admiring a lean, sexy, strong body (I know I do) but that doesn't mean they want to swap nudes or sext with you. Admiration can be encouraging and supportive if appropriately given and we will do well to remember our forums are full of underage users. Some may want to do these things but it's our responsibility to teach them a better way.

As we bring in a new year let's work to make Skimble the best fitness community on the Net!! Thank you for taking time to read this and may you have a successful 2015!!

25 Dec
I stand with you brother :-)
11 Jan
Well said sir. :)
138 Posts
Dec 25, 2014 4:50pm
via Android

Love this post Mr. Anthony and i agree with you Hope you have a great 2015 too..

1657 Posts
Dec 25, 2014 6:43pm
via iOS
Well said Anthony
29 Posts
Dec 25, 2014 7:02pm
via Android

Hell yea

376 Posts
Dec 25, 2014 8:47pm

Very well said, Tony!

130 Posts
Dec 25, 2014 10:38pm
via Android

Well said wolverine

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51