Hi! New Here.

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
13 Posts
Dec 26, 2014 6:02am
via Android

Hi everyone, new to this community. I just need some motivation to start exercising right from day 1 of 2015. I've been overweight nearly my entire life and I've struggled to get any progress in losing fat. I had a heart condition "open heart surgery" but now its alright and my doctor also told me to exercise (lose fat) and build muscle to reduce any cardiovascular condition in future.

I've made a proper schedule of workouts, concentrating on all body parts and decided to workout 5 days a week (each day for each body part). I'm mainly concentrating on my chest (ive got lots of fat around my chest area) and back (muffin top). My BMI is 28 which I want to be reduced to 22-24. I also have a good supply of protein shake. However due to my indian background, I'm very restricted to healthy food. I don't have a good set of gym materials (like dumbbells) but I do have a treadmill and ive been doing cardio on it for a while but always needed motivation.

I just want some motivation and I would love to hear some tips about the exercises that would help me achieve my goal. Thank you.

Image_thumb
56 Posts
Dec 26, 2014 6:50am
via Android

Hello and welcome.  All the best with your weight loss journey and health :-)

26 Dec
Thank you! :)
Image_thumb
520 Posts
Dec 26, 2014 10:26am
via Android

Well I am pakistani and I think our markets provide the same kind of food eating healthy is more important for you, counting your calories is a must for weight loss. If you would want I can give a list of things that I am eating atm and hopefully it will help you in your goals :) otherwise welcome to the community happy working out :)

26 Dec
Hey Raja. Thanks for the reply. I agree with you. Yes please it would br great if you can provide me a list.
Image_thumb
12 Posts
Dec 26, 2014 11:12am
via Android

You got big hopes and dreams. Maybe you want to get lean, bulk, lose weight, gain muscle mass. But you got to make those dreams a reality. It takes hard work and dedication. You gotta work for it, in order for those dreams to become real. You cant just let the dream sit their and expect for things to change. No  it take sweat and tears. Its all a big process you gotta follow to make those  dreams real. And I can tell ya its well worth during the end but as far as I can tell you. Their is no end, you can always  improve upon your dreams. Thats how you become successful.  So next time when you are at the gym dream big. And push those dreams into reality.  workhard and I  guarantee you will become successful in the gym or whatever you do.

26 Dec
Some motivation about being successful
26 Dec
Thanks man! Appreciate the motivation, really need it. I agree with what you said, its true.
26 Dec
No problem homie
Image_thumb
211 Posts
Dec 26, 2014 12:22pm
via Android

50 reasons to exercise!
1) lifts ur mood
2) improves learning abilities
3) builds self esteem
4) keeps ur brains fit
5) keeps ur body fit
6) boosts ur mental health
7)  boosts it immune system
8) reduces stress
9) makes u feel happier
10) has anti-ageing effects
11) improves skin tone and color
12) improves sleeping patterns
13)helps prevent strokes
14) improves joint function
15) improves muscle strength
16) alleviates anxiety
17) sharpens memory
18)  helps to control addictions
19) boosts productivity
20) boosts creative thinking
21) improves body image
22) gives u confidence
23) helps u stay focused in life
24) improves eating habits
25) improves longevity
26) strengthens our bones
27) strengthens us heart
28) improves posture
29) prevents colds
30) improves appetite
31) improves cholesterol levels
32) lowers risk of certain cancers
33) lowers high BP
34) lowers risk of diabetes
35) fights dementia
36) eases back pain
37) decreases osteoporosis risk
38) reduces feelings of depression
39) prevents muscle loss
40) increases energy and endurance
41)increases sports performance
42) increases pain resistance
43)increases balance and coordination
44) improves oxygen supply to blood
45) improves concentration
46) helps with self control
47) lessens fatigue
48) makes life more interesting
49) Qualities life
50) u receive compliments from others and everyone loves receiving compliments.

Does this motivate you?

26 Dec
That's great..you forgot to mention an increase of sex drive, testosterone and human growth hormone :)
26 Dec
Yes Mary!
27 Dec
Thats a great list to encourage me and show me the bright future ahead of me if I put the hard work. Thanks
27 Dec
Welcome anubhav :-)
Image_thumb
520 Posts
Dec 26, 2014 1:31pm
via Android

Try carb cycling with 3 high carb days following 3 low carb days eat whole foods/wheets and low gi carbs like oats sweet potatoes and whole wheat products. Eat 20 calories per pound of bodyweight drink 4 to 5 liters of water with a glass on empty stomach in the morning( gradually increase this) atleast 1.5 to 2 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight and good workouts will help you gain. Don't forget the healthy fats from peanut butter nuts olive/coconut/fish oil and any unsaturated fats remember the ratio should be 52 %carbs 32 % protein 12-15 % fats take a multivitamin alongside too. Hope this helps :)

26 Dec
My protein comes from whey protein powder eggs milk fish/red meat or even calf lean meat. Almonds and any kind of nuts are good too
26 Dec
And cottage cheese :D
27 Dec
WOW, Thanks very much Raja. Hope I can follow this :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51