WHY DO YOU NEED MOTIVATION??

2 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Dec 27, 2014 7:52pm
via iOS

Motivation is talked about too much.It seems like twice a year there’s a scientist that comes out with the new secret to motivation that will forever keep us motivated to do the things we want to do. You buy their books every time and read the motivational message about the secret to motivation. Damn they’re motivating! You’re excited all the way through the book! “HELLO WORLD! I AM MOTIVATED!”

You read everything about motivation–you know all there is about the thing, why isn’t it hitting you!?

Because you didn’t DO anything.

Then you wake up the next morning extremely unmotivated.

Without action, knowledge only leads to frustration.

You don’t need to go read lists of “50 Ways to Motivate Yourself” or look at pictures with exciting quotes on them. You don’t need to find the perfect Tumblr picture to find that motivation. You don’t need to read the right book.You don’t need anything external to get motivated right now.

DON'T BECOME ANOTHER "NEW YEAR, NEW ME" JOKER. IF YOU WANT TO BE HEALTHIER THEN DO IT. NO-ONE ELSE WILL DO IT FOR YOU
27 Dec
Whoop! You say it!
27 Dec
Never a truer work spoken matey. To me that word is used far too often by people who are basically saying "I can't find a good enough reason to get off my arse and do something" They don't want it bad enough and that is ALL it comes down to. To quote one of my fav quotes... "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to BREATHE then you will be successful"
27 Dec
You will be the same I am sure. When I am injured I don't just stop doing things or make excuses why I have to stop. Unless something falls off I work around it. Right now I have a sprained hand.... so I do bloody one arm push ups or do them on my fists.....
27 Dec
Working out is a part of my day just as much as eating or working mate. I worked damn hard to make it that way as well. Everyone has a level they want to get, or aspire to, I've not reached mine yet but some just give up too easily. I've just got a little tired of getting asked for advice on PMs and then never hearing from the person again when I take the time to give a detailed response. Pisses me off
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Dec 27, 2014 8:44pm
via iOS
Feels good to rant from time to time 
27 Dec
Rant away brother .. life short to keep in whats real :-)
30 Dec
Haha, keepin it real baby!! ;)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51