Running tips

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Dec 28, 2014 2:54pm
via Android

Hello

Does anyone have good tips/advice generally on long distance running.. I am looking to do a half marathon next year and then a full marathon the following year. Any help would be appreciated. Also, is it a possible to log a run on this app? If so, how? Thanks

28 Dec
Might have better luck with Map My Run. Start running in increments of 1-5 miles and build from there. Walk if your knees or ankles hurt. Some say run 2-5 times per week for 3 months leading up the marathon depending in your health. Try sprints too to help with your speed, strength, and cardio.
Image_thumb
16 Posts
Dec 28, 2014 3:38pm
via Android

Look up the Jeff Galloway method for injury free running. He has all kinds of training schedules for training for 1/2 and full marathons, as well as training programs for shorter distances. I just started the 10k training schedule myself.

You'll build speed and stamina very quickly.

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Dec 28, 2014 9:24pm
via Android

Thanks for the response. Yes I will definitely build up slowly...I'm giving myself about 6 months to prepare as I want to give myself every chance of being fully fit before the run.

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Dec 29, 2014 1:43am
via iOS
Have you looked into the RunKeeper app? It has training plans, will tell you when it's time to train, and track your runs.
Image_thumb
1 Post
Dec 29, 2014 1:54am
via iOS
The Nike+ running app has training programs built in.
29 Dec
My app doesn't work. How does it work? I've been trying to figuring it out since last three years.
29 Dec
Which App do you have? I think there are a couple different ones. Are you using it on an iPhone?
29 Dec
I used to have an iPod fourth gen, then I gave it away to my sister.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51