Starting Today

4 posts | Original | Recent
2 Posts
Dec 30, 2014 10:43am
via Android

Hi! Just starting out. Does anyone have any tips for me? I want to lose 70 pounds in 6 months. Dieting is extremely hard for me since I'm such a picky eater and not very knowledgeable about healthy foods. Any favorite workouts that you suggest?

30 Dec
Good luck and keep the focus and you will see that you will reach youre goal
30 Dec
30 Dec
I agree
1 Post
Dec 30, 2014 11:02am
via Android

Keep remembering, just how bad you want this!!!! :-), you be fine .

30 Posts
Dec 30, 2014 2:57pm

Tracking what you eat is very important because the calories can sneak up on you without you even realizing it. I use MyFitnessPal to log my daily calories and it has helped me lose weight. You can set you calorie goals based on how many pounds a week you want to lose. There is a huge database of foods in there, a barcode scanner for packaged foods, and the ability to combine ingredients together for foods that you make.

Stay positive and focused on your goal and don't beat yourself up when you slip. I had a rough week with all of the Christmas junk food surrounding me. I gained back some of the weight I've lost but now I'm even more focused and motivated to get back to where I was and where I need to be.

Be active. Even if you only have time for a quick 5 minute workout, that's better than sitting on your rear doing nothing. Try to work in daily walks or other activities that get you moving around. 

You can do this and you have a whole community of people here that are ready, willing, and able to help you on your journey. Good luck!

30 Posts
Dec 30, 2014 2:59pm

The web is full of healthy recipies. You can find all sorts of healty meals on Google and in the community forums here.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51