Skinny Legs and Tiny Ancles.

9 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
40 Posts
Jan 2, 2015 7:01pm
via Android

I'm guy who need some advice on how to get bulkier ancles, bigger shins and formed calves. My problem is not so much my upper legs, but from the knees down. Any suggestions will do please..

16 Jan
Calves have a fairly even mix of slow and fast twitch fibers, sprints will aid quad development but not much for calves. You need ankle flexion and extension under load for full development of the calves.
Image_thumb
40 Posts
Jan 6, 2015 12:46pm
via Android

skipping! Sounds the fun to. I Will get my daughter to first teach me how! Thanks

Image_thumb
33 Posts
Jan 6, 2015 1:24pm
via Android

Slow eccentric and concentric movement on the calf raises.  I had the same problem, it's genetics but we can definitely work at it.

Image_thumb
40 Posts
Jan 6, 2015 1:31pm
via Android

I believe it is genetic so if you say there a hope for me brother, I believe you...

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Jan 6, 2015 2:01pm
via Android

Not to bring you down but Google Jon Jones, a beast of a UFC champion with skinny legs, to some people it is genetics.

Image_thumb
40 Posts
Jan 6, 2015 2:10pm
via Android

Just did. Amazing how he can have such a fantastic physique with such thin legs. But it least it looks natural.  And I see now me and John Jones has the same kind of legs so the positive is that I  will work towards body...

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Jan 6, 2015 2:15pm
via Android

Jones is arguably the greatest MMA fighter of all times, so functionality isn't affected in the least!
I have skinny legs and all my uncles do as well, it's nothing to worry about.

Image_thumb
40 Posts
Jan 6, 2015 2:18pm
via Android

True that Bro! I guess the skinnier they are the harder the hit when I do have to kick someone with my bony legs...

Image_thumb
29 Posts
Jan 16, 2015 5:03am
via Android

Many many calve raises. When you think your toes are pointed enough try to push even further. There are a few variations to do: seated, standing, donkey just to name a couple. Do as many as you're able to and vary it.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51