Going back in time

5 posts | Original | Recent

Tmp_avatar_mfp_1_thumb
12 Posts
Jan 2, 2015 9:11pm
via Android

So I am certain that at least a few of us can recall the days of our athletic selves. Perhaps like me, you look in the mirror and reflect on what has happened since then?
Well, I have gotten to the point where I just can't stand myself anymore. Looking at pictures of my former glory and to see what I am now has gotten me in the mood to try and have some like I used to. So I booked a ski trip for my wife and kids at the end of February with the hopes of pulling off some of that fun I am speaking of.
Starting point = 42 year old white male
Weight 311 Height 6'3"
Sports and now a sedentary lifestyle has left me with 2 bad knees, rotator cuff surgery, spine surgery and depression.
Goal= Get moving, get healthy, have fun with kids and get happy!
I dont really know where to start so any exercise advice and/or support will be much appreciated.

Cheers to all and may 2015 be our best yet.

Thanks in advance

Heiter

03 Jan
I would suggest going to a gym with a indoor pool. It won't put so much strain on your body.
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jan 3, 2015 8:07pm
via iOS
Eric, this is your chance! Start off small by taking vigorous walks with your kids, not only is it motivating but it's also a perfect bonding opportunity. Your children will grow up fast and look up to you. Help them form good habits along with you (eating right/being active) and they'll keep you on your feet in return. Once your on the right path it's up to you to keep moving forward. You gotta WANT this, do yourself a favor. I believe!
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Jan 5, 2015 2:57pm
via iOS
Been there!! I was extremely healthy then fell off the wagon for over 10 years and ballooned in weight. If you can afford I'd recommend a PT or a bootcamp to start you off so you learn what your body can and can't handle. When using this app make sure you follow people who regularly workout & check out their workouts so you can get some ideas. A number of us do everything from insane cardio to weightlifting to yoga to Pilates to meditation so it's fun to mix it up and see what we do. Most importantly though.. DON'T GIVE UP!!! I pushed through the pain and bad days and now am healthier than I ever was! Good luck man 
Tmp_avatar_mfp_1_thumb
12 Posts
Jan 11, 2015 11:29pm
via Android

Thank you for the encouraging words!  I very much look forward to having more fun with them.

Tmp_avatar_mfp_1_thumb
12 Posts
Jan 11, 2015 11:36pm
via Android

Thanks Scott!
I am doing the lose it tone it work out.  I am finding just how right you are. 
If I get to a point in the workout that I cant do or feel like I am not goig to finish, I modify my input or switch  to an exercise I know i can do.  This is allowing me to at least stay on the specified time interval and still feeling a sense of accomplishment and completion.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51