Fitbit

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Jan 6, 2015 9:35am
via iOS
I was wondering if anyone has an opinion on the recent trend of activity and sleep monitors like Fitbit.
I'm looking into splurging on one and I don't know if they're effective in motivating healthier lifestyle choices or something you wear for two weeks and then leave on your dresser because it's uncomfortable or unfashionable.
I work very long days and have to dress very professionally and I'm really in need of something to keep me more active but I'm worried I won't wear it because of the aesthetic.
06 Jan
U I fill really dumb. What is a fitbit.
Image_thumb
6 Posts
Jan 6, 2015 11:31am
via Android

Hey Morgan,

I've used Nike Fuel, FitBit Force, Jawbone Up and Withings Pulse. I just ordered FitBit Surge and I'm waiting for it to arrive.

You can find detailed reviews online on everything online but imo the top 2 are FitBit and Jawbone, keep in mind you can't monitor anything on Jawbone without the app.

To cut to the chase, I lost 26 kg on FitBit and I wouldn't look at anything else, it's not THE best in any single area but it's pretty good at everything.

Research FitBit Surge and FitBit Charge HR, best of luck :)

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Jan 6, 2015 4:55pm
via Android

I have the fit bit and really like it. the battery died or I just need to charge it so its sitting on my dresser lol. Pretty reasonable on ebay.

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Jan 6, 2015 5:03pm
via Android

If you're okay with having no screen check out the Jawbone Up3 it has good potential, otherwise stick with FitBit :)

Best of luck

Image_thumb
52 Posts
Jan 6, 2015 6:25pm
via Android

We like the Fitbit One and I've had success with it since April. The display shows steps,  intensity of exercise to motivate you to walk faster if you're inclined to stroll rather than walk briskly, shows floors climbed, and more.  It's small enough to wear clipped on a pocket or strap. It recharges via a proprietary cable like a phone does so you don't have to change batteries.  It's android, apple (i-phone), and pc compatible.  The site relies on the US government recommended nutrition guidance.

10687058_1490124357910017_1190317675199851289_n_thumb
8 Posts
Jan 6, 2015 10:40pm
via Android

I'm currently using Fitbit One and used Fitbit Surge before. The good thing about these gadget is that it allows me to set my targets for walking/running.

It does push me to meet my targets daily.

The downside of it though it does not capture my activities when I do weight training. Nevertheless, I know those activities do add into my daily calories burnt.

Now, I always carry my Fitbit everywhere I go. If by early evening I have not achieved my targets, I'll make up for it by exercising at night.

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Jan 6, 2015 11:42pm
via Android

Fitbit Surge tracks weights, you can choose from a list of workouts

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51