DAZED & CONFUSED

16 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Jan 8, 2015 6:32pm
via iOS
What's going on at the moment?!
I'm seeing less and less workout based topics and more & more pointless crap

Why do you want 'followers' or 'workout buddies'?!?!
If you are interested in workouts just check out what people do, check out workouts, both skimble and community created. Look at the leaderboard and see what people are doing.
If you just want 'followers' join IG, or FB. What the hell are you gonna do if people follow you anyway?!
If you want "workout buddies" that's totally fine, but why don't you just follow people that look like they are in your age bracket & try chatting to them on their workouts?!

RANT OVER!! (( I think I need to eat something!!))

OH!!!! And if you Private Message me asking for help or advice, please do me a favor and (1) say thank you and (2) actually ****ing try it!! You never know, you might surprise yourself and actually get healthier

((YEP!! DEFINITELY NEED TO EAT SOMETHING!!))
08 Jan
Go Scotty GO!!! Couldnt agree with you more.
08 Jan
That was the 'edited' version. I just don't understand this 'followers' or 'friends' thing?! If you did this in real life people would think you were MENTAL!!!!
08 Jan
Don't read them posts? I lit was new and had no idea what exercises to do and was generally needing workout adv/workouts tbh I wanted female followers to see their workouts ill remove the post if makes you that bloody annoyed x
08 Jan
Thanks for weighing in Nina. Post whatever you wish, i was merely questioning why coz I just don't get it. I found it was much better to check out what workouts people did so that I found individuals who enjoyed the same kinda stuff. There was no need to delete your topic, just tell me to shut up and go eat some chicken.
08 Jan
Lol after using this for a few days I can see what you mean I did get a lot of weird fookers...will keep to your idea for the future ps- ill go eat my chicken too lol x
Image_thumb
274 Posts
Jan 8, 2015 7:03pm
via Android

Unfortunately, I believe that's how this message board always was. Rarely did I ever see a topic really worth checking out. I understand this being a support community and what not, but there is absolutely nothing for others looking for health info. I see people giving out advise with no empirical evidence backing it, and about half the shit people say are rediculous anyways. Rant not over!

08 Jan
I've eaten now and have calmed down.. At least I didn't start ranting about the 'water fasters'!!
08 Jan
Keep the rant strong, brotha
Image_thumb
214 Posts
Jan 8, 2015 7:14pm
via Android

LOL! I've just imagined a bad angry face yelling this out loud hahaha! I agree though, I think at least half of the new people will be gone in a month or two. Those who actually want to work out are already sweating instead if typing, but it's understandable that they would like to be followed... This way maybe they would have one more reason to work out, to show their followers they're not some lazy ***es ^^
Peace out everybody!

08 Jan
Have had lunch now, I'm an oasis of calm.
10 Jan
The problem is many are adding 30 plus followers and doing no workouts then asking again and again for followers...and still doing nothing...
10 Jan
...and yeah the vast majority of the people that followed me last year are nowhere to be seen now...Unfortunately
Image_thumb
274 Posts
Jan 8, 2015 7:16pm
via Android

Literally, though man...I have started at least 2 topics prompting deep conversation about health and fitness (imagine that!) Nobody commented. It's like everyone is only worried about how to do biceps exercises, workout the abs, or find a workout partner. Those are the real hot topics. I used to read these topics only when I was taking a poo, but I think angry birds seems like a better way to pass the time.

Image_thumb
64 Posts
Jan 8, 2015 7:36pm
via Android

Preach it brother...!!!

Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Jan 8, 2015 7:40pm
via iOS
Lol, I really didn't think I'd prompt a surge in responses!! I was merely thinking out loud while my scrambled eggs were heating up!! 

I'm still waiting for the first insult to slap me in the face 
Image_thumb
22 Posts
Jan 8, 2015 7:53pm
via Android

Btw thanks for giving me some great advice. I used it (I actually used it!) Lol, because I'm goal oriented and I'm here to see results. So it's been working for me :).

08 Jan
That's great Joseph!! I'm no expert and I only base my 'advice' on what has worked for me & I've been in and around for decades having been a competitor then someone who fell so far off the wagon I bled gravy when cut!!
Image_thumb
-1 Posts
Jan 8, 2015 9:08pm
via Android

Maybe all those followers make my phone heavier and I get a workout scrolling through them. I'm no fan of all the shit advice from people that have done less than 2 workouts and claim some great knowledge or all the "I can help you, message me" shut up already and folks falling for that crap need to wise up!!!

08 Jan
Lol!! Love it Anthony! Totally agree though, some of the stuff that gets "recommended" could seriously harm someone!
08 Jan
that and all the solicited private messages. Someone sends you a message and asks a question, fine but when folks respond to a plea for help by saying "message me" it concerns me. Give them advice in their post, answer their questions there instead of looking to do things secretly. And I'm with you, if you message someone for advice and it's good stuff try it!
08 Jan
Agreed, I really don't mind getting PMs asking for help (although I get annoyed when I never see the person again!) but I find it creepy when a person only wants to communicate by private message. It's either a troll, a marketing scam, or an idiot.
08 Jan
totally agree!!
09 Jan
I think the access to the forums should be locked upon sign up. After 100 successful workouts you earn the unlock and are free to use them. That would sort out 90% of these people immediately
Image_thumb
202 Posts
Jan 8, 2015 9:58pm
via Android

Funny you should say that Scotty. The first year or so I was on here, on my old phone, with different logons, etc, I didn't even know you could do any community stuff. I hadn't done any liking, replying, friending, photos. Literally didn't know you could.

08 Jan
I remember I began just doing workouts and seeing what other people were doing. The community thing just spawned from there, not because I needed motivation, but because I wanted to try new exercise routines. I just feel that or some it's become more important to have followers than to workout but there are way better apps for that like IG & FB?!
09 Jan
Same, it took me a while to know about followers, likes etc. Even about the posts. The first person I followed was someone who posted a question the first one I had read and I answered. Then I saw another question by a girl asking if she was fat and from her pictures she wasn't but she said people called her fat. Then I felt sorry and decided to PM saying that she Is not fat and she followed me. That was back then. But now I see posts about people wanting to make friends and asking things like do...
Image_thumb
4 Posts
Jan 9, 2015 1:13am
via Android

At the same time. There are many people on here that want followers or motivation buddies that havent even done one workout and a couple weeks later... they still haven't. Seeing as it's a fitness app they may have confused their intentions

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Jan 9, 2015 1:18am
via Android

Please follow me. And please be my workout buddy. Your pic is awesome. Dude your the coolest, like ever.

09 Jan
I preferred your first comment Thomas. I like the idea of Czar! Now go do your homework
Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Jan 9, 2015 1:24am
via Android

It's because Scott doesn't understand  how ironic his comment is. When it comes down to it, who cares? Apparently Scotty. I nominate  him Czar of the message  boards

Image_thumb
139 Posts
Jan 9, 2015 2:00am
via Android

All hail and fear the wrath of Scotty.

I don't get it either and brush it off as fluff from desperate people seeking attention in a virtual world where no one knows how to talk or communicate, appropriately, with real live people.  This is a fitness sight and not a dating sight.
I could only imagine how bad the rant would have been had you not eaten AND been away from your soon to be Queen.  They are just lucky you had only not eaten.
Keep fighting the good fight.

09 Jan
I'm all fed & completely docile mate. Might even have some chocolate with my coffee & relax into a sugar stupor!! I love to debate so I've found the responses fun & interesting so far
09 Jan
ps you got an "awwwwwww" for calling Erin the Queen.. Nice one! I might get lucky!!
09 Jan
And I like be mentioned as "queen"!!!
09 Jan
Any thing to help a man get some.
09 Jan
Now THAT'S a topic worth starting!!
Image_thumb
138 Posts
Jan 9, 2015 2:40am
via Android

Wow..Great post bro!! First thing I read in the morning.. I am fully awake now.. Well said!!

09 Jan
Needless to say I'll have more food to hand at lunchtime! Tomorrow I think I'll post about the benefits of rainbows and carebears!!
09 Jan
haha..rainbows..funny bro..:D
09 Jan
What about unicorns? You can't leave them out.
Image_thumb
49 Posts
Jan 9, 2015 6:15am
via iOS
That was beautiful....
09 Jan
I promise my next post will be more encouraging
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Jan 9, 2015 3:03pm
via iOS
I'm happy this topic promoted a discussion and here's the underlying reason I started it....

To those asking what it had to do with me and why I care here's my answer:
I've seen people asking to text & even FT to "motivate" each other. Some as young as 14 years old and below. As a father of a 14yr old I'd be horrified to know she was doing this. 
How do you know the person you see in the photo is really them?
How do you know their true intentions?

I've seen people get hurt using this app, and used. I just hope it doesn't go so far as being known as an application for predatory individuals (even peadophiiles!) to prey on impressionable people. 

Get followers, ask for motivation, do what you wish. But please, be careful 
09 Jan
Oh, ok. You and I have different motivation. I just wanted to start shit, but that's cool.
10 Jan
Yeah mate, good call. Same here too.
10 Jan
Oh, I wanted to do that as well Jason!
10 Jan
Scotty, I think u should go to the community section and look for Michael N, he's a perfect explanation of what ur talking about. Look at his posts. But his not the only one. Anyways what's a good meal before a long cardio session? Something to last for 2 hours
10 Jan
I've done a bit of trash-talking with Michael & I know what you mean! Anyways.... A cup of oatmeal an hour before, a strong coffee 30mins before and I either have a protein drink straight after or a meal of chicken/brown rice & broccoli . Some people like to have protein beforehand but I prefer to have it after.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51