MEALS FOR A GUY

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Jan 10, 2015 4:04am
via iOS
I've had quite a few private messages asking what is a good 'diet'. Here's an example of what I would eat on a normal day (I'm not saying this is what you should eat!! This is just what has worked for me). I'm not a professional, as you can see from my photos I'm also not a bodybuilder. I'm just a normal guy trying to live a healthier lifestyle. I have 'cheat meals' and chocolate when I want it! (Stuffed my face with enchiladas & York mints today!!).

BREAKFAST: 1 egg + 4 egg whites (scrambled) & a cup of oatmeal with water

SECOND BREAKFAST: 2 shredded wheat with milk
Why do I have 2 breakfasts? Because it sets you up for the day & ALL of the workout plans I've tried recommend similar meals

LUNCH: chicken + brown rice + broccoli

SNACK: handful of almonds

SECOND LUNCH: salmon salad

PRE-WORKOUT: protein drink

POST-WORKOUT: chicken + brown rice + broccoli

EVENING MEAL: tuna/chicken or turkey salad

FINAL MEAL: 5 egg whites

How many calories???
Depends on your weight & what you wanna do (get bigger or leaner).
13 Jan
Sounds delicious. I've started drinking a raw meal meal substitute shake for dinner or pre/post workout, except I only use one scoop and two cups unsweetened almond milk. It is quite filling.
08 Jun
This is great info Scotty. I feel like we should be paying for this information
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Jan 10, 2015 4:21am
via iOS
Sorry... Can I also add that I'm just trying to help some of those who have messaged me. I'm not the skimble messiah! Always do your own research and ask PROFESSIONALS if you have the chance. Not kids offering help, not people with private profiles and no workouts completed, and not people telling you to only drink water for 7 days!!!!!!
10 Jan
Image_thumb
821 Posts
Jan 10, 2015 4:45am
via Android

That is pretty similar to my diet. And also I can say it's worked the best for me. Except my last meal is a casein protein shake.

10 Jan
I try to eat my protein whenever possible but yeah, a good shake before bed is also good
10 Jan
Actually that sounds wrong!! Lol
10 Jan
Hahaa. But for real I feel yah on that. It's more of a budget issue for me
Image_thumb
382 Posts
Feb 14, 2015 11:41am
via Android

I get the second breakfast, but why the second lunch?

By the way, I've been checking my calorie intake and it's a disaster. I'm somewhere between 1500 and 1800 calories a day and my protein intake doesn't even reach 20%. I'm stuck in some kind of limbo where I don't eat little enough to lose weight and don't get enough energy to build muscle. Bah.

14 Feb
Hi Anna, the second lunch was because I workout around 3pm so I wanted to consume the majority of my calories before then. I thought your calories would be low after seeing your example meals. You've gotta get that protein higher girl! Lol
15 Feb
Eggs, here I come. Bleh.
Image_thumb
612 Posts
Feb 14, 2015 1:17pm
via Android

I never once saw PIES mentioned.  Cmon Scotty!  Lol

14 Feb
Mmmmmm pies!!!
28 Feb
It sounds like grocery shopping would need to be done a little more often. If I start eating like that to gain weight, I'd be raiding my full fridge in less than a week! >.< I guess I will have to eat less Taco Bell to afford more trips to the market or something >.<
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Apr 28, 2015 4:13pm

bumping this up to answer some questions from William

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51