Snowy weather and running

1 post | Original | Recent
3 Posts
Jan 14, 2015 9:52pm
via Android

Hi! I live in Michigan and don't have money or space for a treadmill. I'd like to run but all of the roads are covered in snow not to mention its freezing out. I don't mind the cold so much as the slipping I'm clumsy enough as is!! So I was wondering if any one has found a solution to my problem or knows of some good alternatives. Thank you! :D

14 Jan
Hey! I've had this issue before as well. May sound weird but what I do is put a pile of grit or salt on the round and grind my shoes into it while I have them on, works for a while at least. Also if you slow down your pace and don't make any sharp turns then you should be fine :)
14 Jan
Thanks for responding :) That sounds like a good idea! I will have to try it out. Part of the problem is that I live in the country and vehicles are usually driving on the edge of the snow covered road. Sometimes I wish I lived in the city for the sidewalks/ close by gyms. But I enjoy the peace and quiet of the country to much to leave.
14 Jan
Yeah I've had that problem as well! I do a lot of running. One thing I have invested and now do even more of maybe, is skipping. Helps improve your cardio massively as well, and it isn't as bad on the joints as constant pavement pounding!
14 Jan
Yeah I was thinking about that for an alternative at least for the winter months.
14 Jan
Yeah, get a speed rope and a good choice of music and it's great fun!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51