Workouts while on your period?

5 posts | Original | Recent
10 Posts
Jan 18, 2015 5:39pm
via Android

What are some Fat Burning Exercises while on my period?

Im looking for any fat burning workouts while on my perios because i find when i workout out doing cardio it hurts my stomach and uterus area bad and hate that period nasty feeling yuck! Sorry, tmi! Lol

So any tips? Thanks!

18 Jan
I actually find that squats and crunches help a lot with the stomach pains. Squats would be the only exercise I do with my legs spread while on my period.
82 Posts
Jan 18, 2015 7:28pm
via Android

I think everyone's different... However, I did used to avoid running during the worst days. The impact always hurt more. I do like doing abs workout, and core. Because my back and stomach already hurt anyways but I do think it takes the pressure off a bit. Biking just seems to make it worse too. Perhaps some yoga or pilates might help? Some easier core stuff that'll help relax your muscles.

9 Posts
Jan 19, 2015 2:33pm
via Android

I only do yoga while I'm on my period but it's not a fat burning exercise, I guess. I really can't move because my stomach hurts so bad.

7 Posts
Jan 19, 2015 3:48pm
via Android

I've read that it's good to give your body a break from the strenous and physically demanding exercises during the first couple of your period days. However exercises that help stretch & flex muscles (eg. Yoga, pilates) are recommended. Personally, walking and squats seem to do me good!

41 Posts
Jan 19, 2015 7:04pm
via Android

Heavy intense workouts really make the pain worst but it's your tolerance level.......I've Dysmenorrhea (menstrual disorders) it's painful & difficult is the best workout that I know that's tolerable when I'm on my cycle.......

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51