Weekly Lessons

2 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
29 Posts
Jan 18, 2015 11:04pm
via Android

Every week I'm going to try and post a new and positive habit or tip that people should follow. I'm going to try and make them applicable to everyone's situation. Feel free to ask questions or comment your opinions but everything is provided for educational purposes only and backed by research. So follow me and this topic and hopefully I'll answer some questions, dispel myths or create some new ones

1. You need fat in your diet... PERIOD!
Now that doesn't mean you should hook in to that tub of ice cream or deep fry your veggies so you can say you're eating them. I'm talking about the good fats, the likes of one's from fresh fish, avocado and nuts (poly and monounsaturated fats) not the bad fats (saturated) created from animal products and known to increase heart disease. The one you really want to avoid is transfats, these lower HDL cholesterol and increase the bad LDL cholesterol.

Next week: incorporating fats into your regime.

Image_thumb
29 Posts
Jan 19, 2015 3:49pm
via Android

Habit: For most of you, you should have at least 30% fats in your diet. I want you to try and dispel the notion that all fats are bad and, if you haven't already, reintroduce good fats into your diet and reap the benefits they provide.
Be mindful not to mix fats and carbs in one meal though. More on this next week.

19 Jan
What about using fat to reduce the insulin spike from some carbs?
19 Jan
Totally unsubstantiated, in fact it's been shown in most cases to actually increase the spike. Studies have shown that a portion of anything that you eat will be turned to glucose in the body which is where insulin comes in. So unfortunately not Ryno
19 Jan
I also maintain that fats and carbs should be separated at different times and I'll have a more detailed write up on that coming up. There's loads more to come, I'll be touching on each macro nutrient and how to utilize it best. I'll also be delving in to the training side of things as well. I'm breaking it up because it's a lot of info to store at any one time and a lot for me to right as well :)
19 Jan
Fat doesn't make you fat. True that!
19 Jan
Lot for me to WRITE I should say. Not right. Ugh night shift brain is shutting down ready for bed. Thanks for support Jason

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51