A Big dude who needs help

2 posts | Original | Recent
1 Post
Jan 20, 2015 4:19pm
via Android

People's always known me as the quote on quote "big dude" and I really don't like it. I've been big my whole life and its time for that to finally change! I want to lose this fat and get muscular and I want girls to look at me more than just the brother type too lol... my thing is idk where to start with a diet and stuff. Any help?

20 Jan
Take is one step at a time. Don't rush and don't cut out everything you feel is un healthy. Start slow if you drink soda go to diet. Sweet tea - use a little less sugar. Look at portion size. Activity wise start with a 15 minute walk 3 times a week. Work up to 30 minutes a day.
20 Jan
Cool! Thank you! I actually hardly drink soda... I usually drink a lot of water... but I don't exercise and stuff lol... but that's deff. gonna change! :)
20 Jan
When I started, I didn't know what to do. But I just started looking up excercise and liking what I wanted. Then I took rime and just started doing it. So far I have seen progress but that's because I'm staying consistent and keeping motivated. I just use my photos and the fact I'm getting healthier to keep going. I also make it fun. :) there's also many people here who like to work together. Everyone starts from the bottom and tales a bit to get to where there at. So don't let yourself get down. You got this!!!!! Good...
20 Jan
Thanks Melissa! :)
20 Jan
No prob :)
385 Posts
Jan 21, 2015 4:47pm
via Android

There is a bonus right now to being the big dude .. eve4 seen world strongest man comp?  They don't look like Arnie!

Start now by lifting weights use your size to your advantage and as you will be squatting (after initial month of soreness has passed) more than some seasonal gym bunnies are dreaming off...your legs will be the biggest weapon in the gym and you need to abuse them with compound exercises and benching should also be better than average....

Your food intake is important now you need to control your calorie intake and keep to 6 meals of higher protein (for muscle growth not weight loss)...chicken roasted or grilled not fried is your friend...lean beef fresh veg and healthy breakfast...

Atm cardio wise try to do 30 mins everyday...squats, wall press up, best as you can sit ups and sone routines on here try Every Night Of The Week Challenge as a starter.

Remember when you do go to the gym no one is interested in you there busy with themselves and its going to be hard and take time...its not comfy sat eating and its not a week of no eating.

Keep your goal in mind and think what else it will bring for you....then STOP  thinking and starting doing.

YOU CAN DO THIS...any thought that says otherwise is an excuse!

People still call me big Matt or big lad but now its for a different reasons!

Muscle that is ;-)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51