No Energy

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
54 Posts
Jan 22, 2015 2:32pm
via iOS
Here lately I have at no energy at all. I'm not sure why I'm on the same schedule I've been on for a while now usually working out energizes me but here lately I just feel so drained? Any ideas on why or what I should/could do?
22 Jan
I agree. I find its based on what Im eating. If I dont constantly supply myself with enough nutrients or get enough sleep then I have a hard time working out. With or without pre workout
22 Jan
I have a pretty balanced diet and make sure I get multivitamins to make sure I'm getting what I need ... I have started working out for 30 min in the morning then doing my hour at the gym do you think the 30 extra min would have any effect on me being tired?
22 Jan
Definitely. I have been doing cardio bright and early before work at 4 am and then my normal 2 hr weight training and cardio again at night and I notice that I am sluggish. I think its because Im not fully rested and very stressed but Im not sure so that may be the reason
22 Jan
Keep pushing through it though!
22 Jan
Thanks defiantly going to keep it up finally starting to see some good progress! Good luck with yours as well!
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Jan 22, 2015 2:45pm
via iOS
When I feel the same the first thing I look at is what I've been eating over the previous few days & how much sleep I've had. 

From time to time I'll take a complete days rest do the whole hot bath/sauna/massage thing, drink a load of lemon & mint water and sleep for 10 hours! That tends to sort me out 
22 Jan
Take completely off from all type of workouts for 2 weeks...just do 20 to 30mins walk during this period in some park or on road so that u get fresh air...eat healty food...when u again start workout drink banana milkshake before workout it woll help as well
22 Jan
And yes 8hr sleep a night is a must...n sleep max by 10pm...awaking late night will suck energy out f you n makes us tired instead of refreshing
22 Jan
Thumb rule...after every 8weeks of workout schedile take a week off...u will never complain about energy levels going down again if u follow this
Image_thumb
54 Posts
Jan 22, 2015 3:03pm
via iOS
Yea I tend not to get 8 hrs of sleep a night but I have 2 kiddos so not sure if any moms get 8 hrs of sleep at night but I do take a rest day once a week maybe I just need to make sure I get more sleep I eat pretty clean and healthy if I don't it makes me tired and sluggish
22 Jan
Weirdly I get sluggish if I don't drink enough water. The lemon & mint combo is a great one as well
22 Jan
I'll try lemon and mint!! I love infused water I always have lemon and cucumber in my fridge and lemon and lime the are also very good for metabolism! I'll up my water and hope that helps I have been slacking in making sure I get enough a day!
22 Jan
My ultimate is lemon/mint/cucumber/green tea.. I have a couple of gallons of it every now and again to totally flush my system out. No caffeine for the day. Refreshing!!
22 Jan
That sounds amazing!!! What kind of green tea do you use? Do you infuse it just like the water by leaving it in the fridge over night?
22 Jan
I just use any green tea I buy that week I've not got any particular favorite. I infuse it overnight, bottle it in the morning so I've got plenty to dink through the day ten fill it up again so it's infused by the evening again.
Image_thumb
54 Posts
Jan 22, 2015 3:05pm
via iOS
But taking a week off kind of sounds like a lot I wouldn't know what to do with my self lol
22 Jan
If you lift weights you can do a "deload" week where you lift around 50% of your normal weight. It gives your body a chance to rest without you going insane by not working out!
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jan 22, 2015 5:41pm
via iOS
GINSENG

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51