Can't keep with diet or exercise..

3 posts | Original | Recent
1 Post
Jan 23, 2015 2:29pm
via Android

So, I've been on this app for a while and never been able to continually work out and maintain healthy eating habits for more than a few days. Everytime I look at myself I see a body that is unfamiliar and continuing to grow out and down. Not only am I short, so even the slightest weight gain shows, but I am naturally thick and muscular. I use to play multiple sports and was constantly active but that has changed.

What has everyone found to be the best way to start a healthy lifestyle that keeps them coming back and continuing to move forward? Any suggestions at all are appreciated!

23 Jan
I found giving myself some tough love at times helps, not looking in the mirror and going ur a fat ass!!! But if I'm on the couch and watching tv I tell myself if u have time to watch tv u have time to do something!!! I have 3 kids and I just barely squeeze workouts in everyday but even 5 mins a couple times a day is better than nothing! Planning your meals and snacks for the week on like Saturday and Sunday def make it so there is no confusion about what's going on my body, and if...
201 Posts
Jan 23, 2015 2:46pm
via iOS
Surrounding yourself with others doing the same things keeps having a healthy lifestyle fresh and a part of your daily life. Also finding the right workouts for you! Find the workouts you enjoy doing, it helps you look forward to doing them everyday. Best of luck
23 Jan
Great advice.
1 Post
Jan 24, 2015 1:50am
via iOS
A workout buddy really does help. Mine is my Mom- we are trying to motivate each other, even though our goals are very different. It's working pretty well. We keep each other honest! 

I know how you feel though, I used to be really fit and it's depressing to look in the mirror and see all the weight I need to lose. I'm trying to focus on how much I'm enjoying moving my body again, and keeping it simple enough that I work out every day for 30 minutes or 3 miles minimum. If I focus on how fat I feel, I'll never actually lose anything!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51