FEBRUARY - 30 DAY BULKING

66 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Jan 23, 2015 6:22pm

I've finally decided what I want to do in February!

Thank you, Kris Gethin, for creating an INSANE 30 day workout program

**I begin on Monday, Jan 26th so I can have a deload week before February ends**

As with some of my previous topics, this is to track my progress & I'll take an initial photo on Sunday 25th

23 Jan
Hell yeah man dtp!
23 Jan
Good luck Skotty with february challenge :))) you can do it! no doubt :)
01 Feb
I keep seeing your post.i could really use some help on what I what I need eat and so on .to lose weight and tone some before June.i just have a weekend junk food problem
01 Feb
Hi Barb, I'll help if I can by giving you some suggestions. What are you trying to do? Lose weight?
01 Feb
Oh sorry, you've already said what you wanna do!! Lol. I'll add a link to the top of this topic to another topic of mine which has an example run of meal plans
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Jan 23, 2015 6:24pm

DTP stands for "Dramatic Transformation Principle," and it will dramatically alter your physique.

DTP is a pyramid trainer. You lift four days per week with cardio days between each weight session. You'll only be doing one or two exercises for each muscle group or body part, but you might hit 500 reps across multiple sets.

DTP sets are typically 50, 40, 30, 20, 10 reps. You increase weight as you go up the pyramid, so you're always lifting as heavy as possible in a given rep range. When you've completed the first 5 sets, you'll go back down the pyramid—10, 20, 30, 40, 50 reps—decreasing weight as you go. All told, you'll do 10 sets.

REPS OF 50!?!?!?!?!?! I CAN'T WAIT TO START THIS!!!!!!! 

23 Jan
Thats hardcore training...I like switching up into pyramid sets...the burn is immense :-)
23 Jan
I've been reading up on workout programs for 2 weeks now coz I wanna do a bulk month, deload week, then a shred month. That'll take me to April when hopefully I'll have my work permit in the U.S. - This one really jumped off the page when I read it coz it's gonna be insanely brutal and the fact I'm not working gives me the chance to rest & repair.. I'm chomping to get started!
23 Jan
P.s This would certainly be out of my range though!
23 Jan
Good luck with it Scotty .. I'm looking forward to reading your diary :-)
23 Jan
Nice, I'm sure you'll hit this as hard as all your other workouts. I'll be tracking the progress.
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Jan 23, 2015 8:14pm
via iOS
Thanks skimblers, I'm looking forward to the pain of this one. I'll hold myself accountable by taking a before photo & some measurements to see what progress is made. 
I love the way he talks... A lot of people could do with hearing this...

" I am sick of hearing, "I have a harder job, I work longer hours, I don't have time, I don't have the money for a trainer, my genetics are shit, and I have pain when I train." Shut up, already! I have seen taxi drivers, lawyers, mothers of five with 3 jobs, actors who work 16-hour days with no weekends, and builders who have to climb ladders for days accomplish amazing transformations.

Why? Because they wanted it. On the other hand, I have seen others who have easy jobs, all the money in the world, no family commitments, amazing genetics, and access to the best gyms look the same year after year. Why? Because they make excuses day-in, day-out! If you are one of these people, either harden the **** up or get another pastime."

KRIS GETHIN 

31 Jan
Every time I think of motivation seekers, that always comes to my mind. Kris gethin lays it down
31 Jan
Kris doesn't mess around! He's an animal
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Jan 24, 2015 7:18pm
via iOS
BULKING MEAL PLAN INFO:

6 Meals

20 calories
per pound of bodyweight

Macros Per Meal
35-45 grams of protein
50-70 grams of carbs
15-25 grams of fat

Daily Macro Ratio
35% Protein
50% carbs
15%fat

Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Jan 24, 2015 7:36pm
via iOS
STARTING INFO:
Height = 6ft 1ins
Weight = 203lbs (3lb increase from Jan 1st) 

DAILY MEAL PLAN GUIDE:
4060 Cals per day

MACRO RATIO:
1421 Cals = protein
2030 Cals = carbs
609 Cals = fats

I workout in the afternoon so I'll consume the majority of my carbs in the morning/lunch and post-workout. 
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Jan 24, 2015 7:43pm
via iOS
WORKOUT PROGRAM:

Monday: Legs & Abs
Tuesday: Chest & Back
Wednesday: Cardio
Thursday: Arms & Lower Abs
Friday: Shoulders & Upper Traps
Saturday: Cardio
Sunday: Cardio

Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Jan 26, 2015 1:36am
via iOS
STARTING BODY MEASUREMENTS:

Quads - 24ins
Chest - 45ins
Bicep - 16.5ins (unflexed), 17ins (flexed)
Waist - 37ins

Good example of showing where I put weight on! After 3 weeks of relaxing on my diet from December I've added 4ins to my waist!!

TARGET:
(1) add 2ins to my chest
(2) drop 4ins on my waist 
(3) add 2ins to my quads

Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Jan 26, 2015 1:41am
via iOS
EXAMPLE DAILY MEAL PLAN:

MEAL ONE
8 egg whites
3 eggs
1tbsp almond butter
1 rice cake
5 slices of pineapple

MEAL TWO:
2 cups of oats
1 cup yogurt
3 strawberries

MEAL THREE:
6 oz chicken
7oz brown rice
1/2 apple
handful of almonds

MEAL FOUR:
10oz tuna pasta
banana

MEAL FIVE:
6oz chicken
7oz brown rice
5 slices pineapple

MEAL SIX:
300g cottage cheese
2tbsp peanut butter
4 rice cakes
3 strawberries
26 Jan
Two protein shakes per day. Pre & post workout
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Jan 26, 2015 1:47pm
via iOS
DAY ONE:
It's funny how it wasn't the workouts that scare me (although they look completely insane and I'm not expecting to be able to walk properly for days after leg day today!!) but it was how much food I've gotta consume.

Breakfast (number one!!) has been 3 eggs & 8 egg whites + 1 rice cake & almond butter + 5 pineapple slices... I'm pretty stuffed!!
Cardio is kept to a minimum on this program so I've took this morning off and will restrict my mornings to stretching/foam rolling after today 
26 Jan
3 meals eaten so far today & I'm struggling! I'm not a big eater so these kind of portions and regularity is gonna be just as tough as the workouts.
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Jan 26, 2015 7:21pm

DAY ONE - Legs & upper abs.

So today is the first day of trying out the DTP program. It's a very simple method & today is just 2 exercises for the legs:

- Leg Press

- Calf Raises

What's gonna seperate the men from the boys is the number or reps you complete, and the rest time in between. It's a pyramid system and the reps for the leg press are 50,40,30,20,10,10,20,30,40,50. It's slightly less for the calves.

In total that's 360 reps of leg press and 220 reps of calf press, finished off with 5 rounds of weighted decline crunches to fatigue... TIME TO NUT UP OR SHUT UP TODAY!!! 

27 Jan
Get it Scotty! Dear Lord I would have fallen asleep halfway through all those presses. Lol Nice job bro.
27 Jan
The endless pain & cramping helped keep me awake
27 Jan
That's excellent. I'm going to try that rep scheme with bulg. split squats the next time I know that I won't have to climb any stairs for a few days.. lol
27 Jan
You start with 45sec rest then add 15sec after each set as the reps reduce. When you start going back up the rep numbers you take away the 15sec each set. The short time really hits you! You also have to choose a weight that you are fatiguing at before the end, for example, I was fatiguing at around 30-35 reps on the 50 rep set. However long it takes you must finish the set, then jump straight into the superset. My legs are still numb!!
27 Jan
Written down. I'm excited to try this one out..
Image_thumb
342 Posts
Jan 26, 2015 11:01pm
via Android

Your diet is insane, I wouldn't make it after the first 2 meals, I would be full for the rest of the day! LOL
Good luck with your program! ☺

26 Jan
Thanks Dawna, I'll just myself to scoff the food down and I'm hoping after a few days I'll be used to it. It's gonna be a marathon though!
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Jan 27, 2015 12:24am
via iOS
DAY ONE - LEGS & ABS

DONE!!! That was hard work & I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be sore as hell tomorrow. But it's done! Now to eat, eat eat
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Jan 27, 2015 2:30pm
via iOS
DAY TWO - if I'm not eating, I'm preparing food to eat!! So many calories!!! 
Legs are feeling 'weird' this morning after yesterday's workout. Kinda numb.
Overall I feel exhausted & just want to sleep, but screw that, I've already had my first meal of the day & having another one soon. 
Chest & back today.... Grrrrrrrr
27 Jan
All the best with this bro..:)..You are doing awesome!!!
27 Jan
Thanks Vishal! It's gonna be a grind this month so I hope the results are worth it. I'm downloaded a load of angry music to push through the workouts
27 Jan
Good afternoon I just want to say we can make these goals.
27 Jan
Good afternoon Vonn.. We can smash these goals! : )
Image_thumb
82 Posts
Jan 27, 2015 10:22pm
via Android

Going strong scotty! Remember to chew!

28 Jan
I never stop!! Lol
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Jan 28, 2015 12:47am
via iOS
DAY TWO - Chest & Back

Hands down the toughest chest & back routine I've ever done. Period! 
Only 4 exercises but the pyramid supersets were relentless and painful!!

By the final set (30 reps) it took me 5 minutes to complete each set & I was screaming through both of 'em!! 

Time for a hot bath & then rest this evening. Tough day! 
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Jan 28, 2015 1:10pm
via iOS
DAY THREE - Cardio day
Sore as hell from yesterday but thankfully it's steady state cardio & a bit of HIIT today. no gym!

Still getting used to eating all this food but I'm managing it.  thankfully I don't feel bloated, just full.

Looking forward to finishing the week strong tomorrow & Friday before 2 days rest at the weekend. 
Time to EAT!! 
29 Jan
Haven't had a chance to do any cardio today, been too busy. Taking a 15min rest then gonna get my sorry ass up and get it done!
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Jan 29, 2015 12:55pm
via iOS
DAY FOUR - looking forward to arms day today. I'm getting more used to the eating and am beginning to feel more 'solid' compared to the shred program I did in December which left me feeling hollow 

Foam rolling last night helped the soreness & I'm ready to hit the gym hard again. I need to do some cardio though coz I'm not happy with how much I did yesterday. No point in bulking if I'm not gonna keep the mid-section in check! 
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Jan 30, 2015 2:16am
via iOS
DAY FOUR - Arms & Lower Abs - that was one hell of a tough workout!! I freaking loved it!! 

Shoulder day tomorrow which looks just as brutal so it's chill out this evening and rest some weary muscles. 

Feeling good, pushing hard & pumping up! 
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Jan 30, 2015 5:22pm
via iOS
DAY FIVE - so today is shoulders day to finish off the week. Saturday & Sunday will be active rest day with a mixture of HIIT & steady state cardio. 
Overall I'm very pleased with how the first week has gone. The workouts are insane and wipe out each muscle group for at least 2 days. The meal plan is much more food than I'm used to eating but it's put together in a way that fat increase is kept to a minimum.
I've commented already that I feel very 'solid' and I feel very strong when I hit the gym. 
Looks-wise it's too early to tell. I see a significant pump at the gym but don't see any major difference yet but that's only because it's the first week. By the third week I'll be hoping to have added some bulk and size but I'll be taking measurements every Sunday.

TGIF !! 
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Jan 31, 2015 1:20am
via iOS
DAY FIVE - so shoulder day was damn painful! I still had some energy left in the tank though so I did some battle rope tabata &  steady state cardio. 
It's been a good week, I feel jacked up from the workouts & pumped up from the meal plan but thankfully I don't seem to be piling weight on around the mid-section . VERY HAPPY about that!! 
Now it's 2 days of cardio over the weekend to let the body rest then back into the weights, but this time I need to try to increase weight..... I got this!! 
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Feb 1, 2015 2:54am
via iOS
DAY SIX - active rest day - decided to leave my cardio until the evening today and catch up on some sleep this morning.

Built up a good sweat! I'm only supposed to do minimal cardio on this workout program so I could've gone harder but had to stop.. That sucked! But I did do some TRX yesterday I wasn't supposed to... CHEEKY! 
01 Feb
Missed one!!! Did "BODY MELT THREE" as well
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Feb 1, 2015 3:30pm
via iOS
DAY SEVEN - another cardio day but it's also measurement day!! 
I'm not expecting any change given it's only been a week, but what the hell, let's measure up anyway! 
Things I've learnt this week.....
(1) it's damn hard to get to 4000 calories when clean bulking!! (It's a LOT of food man!) 
(2) Kris Gethin creates insane workouts which really push your mental strength
(3) This is the first time I've been sore all over for up to 3/4 days! 
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Feb 1, 2015 3:51pm
via iOS
MEASUREMENTS - WEEK ONE:

Bicep - 17ins (not flexed), 17 & 1/4 (flexed)
(starting measurements = 16&1/2 and 17)

Waist - 36.5ins
(Starting measurement = 37ins)

Chest - 45 & 1/4
(Starting measurement = 45)

Quad - 24 & 1/2
(Starting measurement = 24ins)

Minimal change which was expected. I'm really happy that the waist has slimmed instead of getting wider though! 
Hoping to see better results by then end of week 3
01 Feb
I would of gained with all that food you have to eat.....lol
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Feb 1, 2015 8:50pm
via iOS
This is for Barb & other people looking to lose weight in a healthy way.
Once you've established what your calorie goal should be, the meal plan in the topic above gives you an example of what to eat in each 'mini-meal' - each week you shave 200 calories off each day. 
Any questions just ask on here - this is based on a standard meal plan for shredding weight over a month. I lost 17lbs when combined with intense workouts. (The 17lbs might not sound like much, but I also gained muscle) 
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Feb 2, 2015 5:14pm

DAY EIGHT - LEG DAY AGAIN!! I plan on going heavier today than last week to really push my limits. I pushed hard last week but woke the next day slightly disappointed in myself and with a feeling that I didn't test myself to the limit. No way am I making that mistake again.

Pleased with the minor increase in my measurements and now I know what to expect from the workouts I know that this week is the time to make sure I get all my carbs in early, hit the gym with a fresh cup of coffee in my bloodstream, crank up the angry music, zone out and tear shit up!

05 Feb
Hi Scotty, I like to add some muscles
05 Feb
Lol did not finish the comment. How can make my legs bigger?
05 Feb
Hi Eunice. If you check my created workouts you'll see all kinds of leg workouts. I've found "PUKE DAY" to be the most effective
06 Feb
I just did the leg PUKE DAY. I can't move my legs! I know I need to stretch them but it hurts just to think... Thanks
07 Feb
It's gonna be sore for a couple of days yet, particularly Sunday. Try to get some stretching in and some walking. Good job!!!!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51