Involving my partner ?

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
52 Posts
Jan 28, 2015 1:36pm
via Android

My partner hates exercise and eating healthy I am the opposite I've been trying to get him to a better lifestyle yet he refuses... what can I do to convince him he's had health problems before involving his heart and I can't push him to be out so much in the sun he gets seizures I need help guys I worry everyday about him plus his bad eating habits are rubbing off on our babies

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Jan 28, 2015 2:01pm
via iOS
Sports that have a competitive element in them, where he thinks he might have a chance. Or for worry of time constraints, sprinting! In my case, the sports has to be unusual or not too strenuous ; bouldering and yoga
Image_thumb
215 Posts
Jan 28, 2015 6:10pm

Don't try to change him completely in the beginning - it will be a disaster for both of you. Make him move a little more, like a walk, playing any games...

Add some healthy food to his meals. What does he like? Combine it with vegetables, fruits, salads. Replace some carbs with protein, I don't know any guy who doesn't love meat and chicken. Don't complain (I know it's hard lol) about his lifestyle and his habits. Praise him for every little change.

Don't push him! The more you push, the more he will do what he's doing now. Ask him about his wishes and needs and tell him, you want to be with him for many years. But he is destroying his body and is in big danger to get ill.

I know a guy, we're friends. He smokes, eats much of fat and sweets... I have tried so much to help him to change, nothing worked. Until I told him one day, the question is not IF he gets ill, only WHEN it will be. And his little son has to grow up with an ill dad or even without dad... this sentence made him thinking and changing his life.

28 Jan
This is like... The best post I've read in a while. I hope a lot of people will read it too.
Image_thumb
520 Posts
Jan 28, 2015 6:15pm
via Android

I could never make someone do better for themselves it's the hardest thing to do I guess. Don't try so hard and try to lead by example and I am sure as his partner you can turn on your powers of persuasion to get your way! ;) lol good luck working out and living a healthy life
Respect

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51