Breathing....

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
32 Posts
Jan 30, 2015 6:56pm
via Android

The one reason I do not enjoy running is because of breathing. I constantly have to tell me self keep going keep going and mussle my way through the run because I always feel out of breath.

Does anyone have any tips on how to maintain steady breathing without having your chest burn.

Currently I am running 2.5 miles at 6 on treadmill. Takes me right about 25 minutes.

31 Jan
Check on Google. I can't remember but a couple months ago I read something about breathing while running and I tried and it really helped
31 Jan
Do you feel like you're not 'in shape' running wise or is it pure not breathing right/hyperventilation?
01 Feb
If u run out of breath easily and u feel it in ur chest then maybe u need to change ur breathing. I think u have to try to breathe with ur stomach, taking DEEP breaths. U have to try and focus on ur stomach it actually works. If it's in ur chest then the breaths will be short and quick but in ur stomach u can take more deeper longer breaths. I know I might not understand this because I couldn't describe it well but if u sort of get what I'm trying to say then do and u...
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Jan 30, 2015 8:21pm
via Android

Hi!
Try yo create you own breathing pattern,  it's just like a rhythm. I had a problem with the side pain in the left gut, what worked for me was when my left foot touched the ground I exhaled!  works like a charm!
Anyway don't give up on running!

30 Jan
So your breathing rather fast?
31 Jan
I agree.. and not every left or right foot but every other one
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Jan 30, 2015 8:27pm
via Android

You should modify you breathing pattern to your running pace. and If feel like you can't keep up, just lower you running pace. I know that you want to see results right away but it takes a bit but it worth it!

Image_thumb
32 Posts
Jan 31, 2015 11:52pm
via Android

Ruby, I sure its not hyperventilating, I always hear, after the first mile its easier. I have worked up to 2.5 from half a mile and it still the same lol. I do it because I know its good for me not because I enjoy it.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51