I over stretched my leg muscles any thing I can do that doesn't involve to much stretching

4 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Jan 31, 2015 3:58am
via iOS
Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Jan 31, 2015 3:59am
via iOS
I am a figure skater and I over stretched my knee so I need workouts I can do without stretching 
Icon_missing_thumb
24 Posts
Feb 1, 2015 6:33pm
via iOS
Protein smoothies to help rebuild.   I have been told to intake protein within 29 minutes of a workout.  Anyone out there have further input, I would like to know as well.  I know we all can be unbalanced and my left buttock and back of thigh scream at me when I do stretches.  I tend to favor my right and as I workout know that I can do more with that side.  After an injury has had a while to heal, I know that physical therapists work muscles while patients tend to baby an injury.  If you have doctor permission to continue, I imagine that continuing to strengthen will eventually repair the damage also.  I have always heard that for every muscle there is an opposite that works in the other direction.  So if you are in pain with one, perhaps the solution is to strengthen the opposite.  For example, for back pain, stomach strengthening is recommended.
Icon_missing_thumb
24 Posts
Feb 1, 2015 6:38pm
via iOS
One other idea if really immobile....focus on upper body for now if you don't have doctor permission.  You can also do many core exercises on the floor that don't involve the knee.  Rowing motions get the core and arms with aerobic benefit without the legs.  Try using the filter for arms and if there is something that comes up that is too knee involved, modify, but keep moving.  Good luck!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51