its awkward!

13 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
29 Posts
Feb 1, 2015 3:29pm
via Android

For about 3 months of working out at the gym, i didn't encountered problems so far. But lately , a gym trainer trying to flirt with me and its f.awkward cos i cannot concentrate. Im afraid i'll get discourage of going at the gym.

what should i do?

01 Feb
Tell him to stop plain and simple. If not your going to talk to his superiors cause its unwanted contact. If if he doesnt stop then sexual harassment.
01 Feb
thanks! but what if he'll deny? i might become the bad person then. i don't want to make an issue. should i avoid him instead?
01 Feb
You you right. See what he is his schedule and work around it. Also try to take a friend that way he/she can back you up.
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Feb 1, 2015 3:33pm
via iOS
Tell him/her to go away?!?!??
01 Feb
like how? urgh! im not good on confronting people. shucks!
01 Feb
Don't confront then, just ignore. Headphones & angry faces should work.
01 Feb
thanks! lol. i guess i should start to become mean sometimes.
Kerry_suit_3_thumb
3 Posts
Feb 1, 2015 4:27pm

Perhaps you should say that you are flattered (even if you aren't), but you have a significant other whom you are very loyal to and have no interest in others. That way there is no confrontation but you are still telling him you aren't interested.

01 Feb
Good advice Kerry, but don't lie about having significant other. Just tell him politely your not interested, that way if you do see someone art the gym that you are into out won't seem like you are a liar or hypocrite. This is going to happen more and more due to you getting in better shape.
02 Feb
i'll try your advice, though i don't want to lie but i think its effective. :)
Image_thumb
51 Posts
Feb 1, 2015 5:13pm
via Android

I had this problem when I was younger (wish I had it more often now.)  IMHO there are two ways you can deal with it:

1.  Be cold to him.  Don't look him in the eye.  Give one word responses to things he says.  Don't say hi.  Be as rude as possible.   If that doesn't work,

2.  Talk to the gym about it.  There is no reason that someone from the gym should make you feel uncomfortable.

Actually 3.  Tell him that he is making you uncomfortable and ask him politely if he minds if you work out alone.

Kerry_suit_3_thumb
3 Posts
Feb 1, 2015 5:21pm

Margaret, I'm sure you still have your share of this problem! I think you have a good idea for a female who might have a bolder personality than Kris, but I think the whole thing with her is that she wants a resolution without a confrontation. Read what she has posted again, and you'll see she doesn't want to face this trainer every time she comes in with either his hitting on her or maybe a cold stare for her turning him down or repoting him. She just wants the problem to go away. That's why I suggested saying she already is in a relationship (although that doesn't stop some men, smh). I'm advocating for my previously posted solution because this could give her the results she wants... the trainer backing off without feeling rejected (we men have such frail egos, lol). I hope whatever Kris chooses to do will aliviate the problem!

01 Feb
Yeah saying that you have a SO is a good way to politely turn someone away. I prefer a direct approach. Sometimes people don't get the hint and you have to explain things directly or get the police involved. :-)
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Feb 1, 2015 5:44pm
via Android

Its not running away but i guess it MAY be one of the possible option.
1. Change ur workout time.
2. Change the gym.
3. Take ur bf with you.

02 Feb
1. im a college student and my schedules are fix, so i can't change my sched. 2. its a better gym than other , near to our house and safe. 3. i don't have boyfriend. :/
Image_thumb
255 Posts
Feb 1, 2015 6:48pm
via Android

Did you just try to tell him that you are not interested?

02 Feb
yup. he's asking me to go out with him and i make lots of reasons to refuse. :/
Image_thumb
52 Posts
Feb 1, 2015 7:25pm
via Android

Had the same problem. Just had to keep telling myself "This my gym. I pay for my membership. I'm here to work. Not to socialize." I wanted so badly to hide but I got over it and the other person got the hint and moved on to someone else probably. Just stay focused. Your actions will speak louder than words and when they see that you are on your business and not interested in their business it will pass. But yeah I've sat outside the gym a few times having to psych myself up to just go in and be me. Good luck.

Image_thumb
821 Posts
Feb 1, 2015 7:27pm
via Android

Tell him to f off.  Get management involved if needed

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Feb 1, 2015 8:05pm
via Android

Be rude..

Image_thumb
29 Posts
Feb 2, 2015 3:27am
via Android

thank you guys.
i truly appreciate your suggestions! now i got ideas, probably, i'll start doing those.  THANK YOU!

Kerry_suit_3_thumb
3 Posts
Feb 2, 2015 4:27am

:) Good luck, Kris!

02 Feb
thank you so much Kerry! :)
Image_thumb
10 Posts
Feb 8, 2015 7:01pm

come on gilrl....... i mean i'm sure he was flirting with you..... it's his job to flirt to a certain degree... he is getting im the way of your work out then ..try to let him know........... that i'm sure will do thrick and if it doesn't then you gotz to get a new one........

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51