What's your motivation?!?

19 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
54 Posts
Feb 5, 2015 4:25pm
via iOS
I always like to ask people what's there motivation to work out and why did you decided to start your journey to getting fit ! I like to hear people's story's soo share yours with me and everyone else !

Mine if you care too hear it!

My whole family is over weight/morbidly obese with a whole ton of health problems and I do it out of hopes they will know it's possible plus I'm terrified of the health problems they have and I could easily get! I did not have a good example of health growing up and I want my sons to have a good example! I started this journey last year and I started out at 180 and I'm finally down to 125 and now starting to weight train!!
05 Feb
Congratulations to you, I love to workout I tend to find myself exercising even when I'm off this app what motivate me is having the ability to move, stretch, bend, twist etc y body it's pretty cool because our bodies are a machine just up to you to decide how you want your temple looking.. the burning sensation you get after a GREAT workout is pretty outstanding NO PAIN NO GAIN
06 Feb
My motivations are that I'm 30 heavier than i should be and i want to get off some of the meds I'm taking. I'm newly single and i just want to look better and feel better about myself. I have two young kids that i want tho keep up with and be around for when they get older. I live in the city and take public transportation and I'm sure I'll need to fight my way out of a situation one day and i want to be ready. And lastly i bottle up a lot of anger and working out...
06 Feb
I want to look better for my gf that is coming a long way from overseas! Its been a while, hope to get some core power in a couple of months
08 Feb
Very incouraging story. Mine is simular to your and I could go on with lots excuses but honesty right now in my life I'm just not motivated and just finding the time to even just started. I love this app and all it has to help, but I can't get started. :/
Grayshirtface_thumb
96 Posts
Feb 5, 2015 4:34pm

My motivation stems from watching my dad who lost 60 pounds just because he decided to make a lifestyle change. Most of my family are moderately overweight and it's something that I grew up with, so I decided that if my dad (who is 25 years older than me) could do it, then so can I. So far on my journey I have lost close to 30 pounds and I have another 30 to go. I am determined not only to lose the weight, but to retain as much muscle mass as possible.

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Feb 5, 2015 4:35pm
via Android

Sjiz iiw just eabjhzw

Image_thumb
21 Posts
Feb 5, 2015 5:00pm
via iOS
Your body looks good
05 Feb
Thank you I've been working hard for it to look like this and still have a ways to go!
Image_thumb
214 Posts
Feb 5, 2015 5:14pm
via Android

I'm aiming for a healthier lifestyle.

Last year I realised my life has got too sedentary all of a sudden for a few years. I've started having different health issues and I thought I need to do something for myself.
I'm 26 now. I'd like to get married, have kids... How could I do all this being always ill!?
I've started losing weight and feeling always weak... I got scared. Yes, the truth is I had to get really really afraid of what's happening to me to change something. But now I'm here! I had already started my own battle when I found out this app but it helped a lot. Much more than I would have thought!
I'm still underweight but I'm stronger and healthier :) My relatives notice it and they are all happy to see I've been awaken. I'm even happier ^^

Image_thumb
21 Posts
Feb 5, 2015 5:45pm
via iOS
Mhmm! I see you! You def doing your thing! Keep it pushin and when you said you have a ways to go? From what I can see wherever it is you need to go is totally within your reach! I'll give you a boost ok? Go Nikki! Lol
 Guh head girl! 
Image_thumb
15 Posts
Feb 5, 2015 11:36pm
via Android

Well done to you for making a positive change that will hopefully have a ripple effect on the people around you. My motivation is partly to prove to myself finally that I can stick to something and see some results, but also to make me a happier person to be around for my wife and daughters. I want to feel good so I can be a great husband/Dad for them.

Good luck

Icon_missing_thumb
9 Posts
Feb 6, 2015 5:23am
via Android

My motivation is:

I do a workout. I like it. I like the little pain it causes to my muscles. So I do it again tomorrow
Just dat :)

Image_thumb
72 Posts
Feb 6, 2015 5:47am
via Android

Fitness and Wellness are passions of mine. The other part of my motivation is being able to assist other people in changing their lifestyle and trying to lead by example. Good luck to all of you on your journey. I'm willing to help.

06 Feb
To be one of the eye catcher whenever I walk in public places. <3
Image_thumb
520 Posts
Feb 6, 2015 7:14am
via Android

To fight depression and be happy with my life, passing of my mom was particularly hard on me among other things that life threw at me and my answer to all of it was workout. By working out I feel like I am doing something with my time something worthwhile and not doing endless marathons of countless tv series/movies so yeah I would continue with it all my life or till I can

Image_thumb
520 Posts
Feb 6, 2015 7:20am
via Android

Love the life you live
Live the life you love

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Feb 6, 2015 8:09am
via Android

Well firstly  my whole life ive disliked  excersise  and by some crazy good fortune i have stayed pretty  slim with  only doing  excersing  once in a while.  End of last  year  I did  a bikini competition  and won!!! So thats perpelled me to work  harder  so i can loose a tiny bit  more  (5kgs) and also tone up as alot  of the girls  are stunning  and work hard on thier bodies. .. obviously  im getting  a bit older so i can't  expect  my body  to naturally  do the work.

In high school i tried my hand and sports and i was so bad that no one ever passed the ball ect. Now that  im older its great  to  leave my bad feelings  behind  and get fit!!!

I also have  my parents  who are overweight and have to take blood pressure  pill everyday. They are  finding it harder  to  excersise  the older they get so i want to  make it a habit (excersise) and prevent  situations.

Lol so i guess my reason  is a bit more  vain than others ;)

Image_thumb
53 Posts
Feb 6, 2015 8:24am
via Android

Mine is so I can fill a couple shirts I've got lol, also I plan on joining the navy so I need to build some muscle for that.

Image_thumb
382 Posts
Feb 6, 2015 10:46am
via Android

I have to exercise. I get crazy from sitting still, energy builds up inside of me and I become restless and anxious.
I used to walk or bike everywhere and had a job where I was on my feet all day. Now I've moved to the countryside and study from home so all that everyday exercise is gone. I miss it so much.

06 Feb
I also want to feel better about myself. Have the energy to keep up with my kids etc.
Image_thumb
54 Posts
Feb 6, 2015 2:00pm
via iOS
I love hearing everyone's story! It reminds us that we all start at different walks in life and that people bust thier ass to get where they are at from wherever they started!!!
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Feb 6, 2015 2:08pm
via iOS
MY Story
January 7th 2013.... Seems like a lifetime ago that I began Skimbling!! 
06 Feb
How was the tough mudder ?!? I want to do one but I have a ways to go as in training wise
06 Feb
Sad thing is I never ended up taking part! I decided to organize a team at work which grew into 54 participants but quit to move to the U.S. so they ended up taking part without me. Since then I've always been in the wrong country when ones been on. Ive managed to do others but not the mudder, which I intend to do once my greencard is sorted and I know which country I'm gonna be staying in!
06 Feb
The tough mudder workout programs are on skimble btw
06 Feb
That's awesome! I'll definitely be checking them out!!!
06 Feb
They're freaking hard!!
Image_thumb
51 Posts
Feb 6, 2015 5:25pm
via Android

My cholesterol was not in the healthy range.  That's when I started working out.

I want to feel better and look awesome. 

Image_thumb
10 Posts
Feb 8, 2015 2:22pm

ican totally relate ....... my whole family struggles with Obesity............... my saving grace is that I over came it..... at about 14........ my motivation was just that I hit pubirty.... then nature took care of the rest........ I mean with the motivation factor( (

girls......... though it's a life struggle.... with its up and downs....... 

Image_thumb
10 Posts
Feb 8, 2015 2:56pm
via Android

Now i am glad to have found this app... It gives me all sorts of motivation .... Just need some work out buddies now

08 Feb
Just followed you

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51