Cardio advice?

4 posts | Original | Recent
55 Posts
Feb 8, 2015 5:57pm
via Android

Ok I'm getting really frustrated. I go on the elliptical 3-4 times a week for at least 30 min at varying levels of intensity. I do cardio.

But then when I'm doing the workouts on this app. I'm doing two programs right now. And they'll both have things like basketball shots or squat thrusts or mountain climbers and after five seconds I'm DYING. and it never gets any easier, and it just makes me hate exercising. What am I doing wrong? I've been using this app faithfully for at least six months now, and the more "active" exercises are just not getting any easier. I mean they're not supposed to be easy but shouldn't my stamina for them be increasing?

08 Feb
Try focusing on the amount of protein you're eating and breathing patterns. If you are trying to hold your breath working out then the set will always be hard other than that consider consuming bcaa or a regular sports drink if you're weight training. Hope it helps :-)
08 Feb
Try breathing exercises. You want to breathe more and have more oxygen pumping through your body while you work out. Also you can get a hookah pen and use the non nicotine oils and just use that to practice breathing. The lung is a muscle after all. It needs to be exercised.
821 Posts
Feb 8, 2015 7:09pm
via Android

Eliptical vs some of the hiit cardio workouts on here are world's apart. There are hiit workouts that you can do to increase your endurance. Like find a park with a small hill. You should be able to sprint up the hill between 10 and 20 secs. Once at the top of the hill 40 mountain climbers, 10 pushups. Then walk down the hill to recover and repeat 10 x. It's an awesome workout to do with a partner. You do this once a week you'll gain endurance in no time. A 3 mile jog everyday will also increase your endurance. That's old school. You pick lol.

08 Feb
Try boxing cardio workouts. A lot on here are hard, but try just using the exercises and creating your own times. Take breaks when you need it. You are the only one that knows how much you can take.
6 Posts
Feb 8, 2015 8:46pm
via iOS
The basketball moves and things like that use such different muscles than running or elliptical, that you are feeling it more since you aren't used to using those muscles as much.  I promise you they will get better!
385 Posts
Feb 9, 2015 8:28am
via Android

Its never does get any easier if your pushing to your limit everytime, that is the whole point...

Realise that it's your limit that is changing, think back, I bet when you started you couldn't do half of what you can now!

09 Feb
Nah, I am still done at five seconds. That hasn't improved at all.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51