Staying Motivated!!!!

2 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Feb 9, 2015 10:01am
via Android

I've always struggled with weight issues and food cravings... I've finally taken care of the food part, now I just need to workout which sounds so simple but I do it for a couple days, loose all motivation and quit. I need help, I want to be the me I know I can be with a bran new healthy body and mind!

Image_thumb
382 Posts
Feb 9, 2015 10:50am
via Android

1. Don't overdo it in the beginning. Start with some lighter exercises and a forgiving program, or you'll burn yourself out in a couple of days.
2. Find the time of day that suits you best to work out. I do it in the morning.
3. Plan ahead. What exercise will you do tomorrow? This week?
4. Put up goals. Begin simple. Your first goal can be to work out three times this week. DON'T reward yourself with food after achieving a goal. I actually prefer not to reward myself with anything material because I don't want to keep feeding the reward system in my brain.
5. Measure yourself. Waist, maybe upper arms and thighs. Ditch the scale. Muscles are heavier than fat and if you gain weight you might become discouraged. I recommend measuring on Fridays and not right before your period when you might be bloated. Once a week is enough.
6. Take full body pics once a month. This way you'll notice progress that you might not recognize looking in the mirror everyday. Again, not after weekends or right before your period.
7. Where do you want to be in six months? Get there.

09 Feb
Thanks a bunch, I'll try it out
09 Feb
Oh and also, follow people, see what workouts and progress they do, cheer them on and help motivate them! You'll get motivated too from helping others. There are also loads of threads with advice and motivational groups in the forums.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51