Running tips?

3 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Feb 9, 2015 5:48pm
via Android

Does anyone have any tips for breathing while running?

09 Feb
Through ur nose out ur mouth.
09 Feb
It always helps me to breathe with my steps, not against them or in a different rhythm. Just try it, maybe it the right thing for you, too.
09 Feb
Actually the "in through the nose out through the mouth" thing had been debunked. Your nose just can't allow oxygen in at a sufficient rate to support that kind of physical activity. You'll be able to go a lot father if you breath through your mouth.
10 Feb
I breathe through my nose only inhale and exhale and it works for me I've been running for 8 years haven't had a problem. Try different methods I breathe very deeply like hardcore but its because I smoke a lot of pot
10 Feb
Thanks everyone. Seems like I will just have to keep trying to find what works best for me. I appreciate the replies!
Image_thumb
382 Posts
Feb 10, 2015 10:44am
via Android

I recommend doing yoga breathing exercises to deepen your breath. It made a huge difference for me.

Image_thumb
520 Posts
Feb 10, 2015 7:06pm
via Android

Breathe both from your mouth and nose plus you breathing in and out should take about 5 steps for a normal pace jog 3 inhaling 2 exhaling this will keep your speed in check too. 3 steps when you're going a bit fast 2 inhaling 1 exhaling. The important part is that initiate breathing on alternative feet every time. Begin breathing when you touch the right foot and the next time start it with your left and so on. This has helped me in the past hope it does the same for you :) good luck

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51