"DARE TO SHRED" - MARCH PROGRAM

22 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Feb 9, 2015 8:28pm
via iOS
Ok.... Bit of a story first....
I recently moved to the US and am waiting on a work permit before I can start employment. That leaves me with a fair bit of free-time through the day.
I'm considering becoming a personal trainer in the future and do a lot of research on nutrition & workout programs/exercises.

In March I am beginning a 'shred' program - an intense workout schedule and nutrition plan to lose bodyfat while maintaining muscle. The workout program will be of my own design and based on programs I've done in the past and that have worked for me

Here's the fun part....
I will start a new topic called "DARE TO SHRED" on the 1st of March and will be logging daily updates, along with starting weight, measurements etc
Check out a topic I did in December showing the style
I'm prepared to help people wanting to put in the time, effort and commitment to 30 days of intensity to shred weight & build muscle.

- you will need to have access to a gym
- commit to the workout regime which will be 4 days gym and 3 days cardio
- I'll provide details of what calories I'll be consuming each day/week along with info to help you determine your own numbers.

I will be doing this shred program with you. It will be tough! You'll be sore!! So will I!!!

I'll only be doing this in March and would be grateful if there were no private messages and only comments made on the new topic in March.

***DISCLAIMER - I am NOT a professional!! I'm just willing to help people wanting to take March seriously, kicking their own ass into shape the healthy way, and wanting to have some fun!!****

I'll be doing the shred program anyway and will be using the topic to hold myself accountable. I just thought it would be fun if anyone else wanted to join in the blood, sweat & tears.

If you wanna kick your ass just keep an eye open for the topic which I'll load up FEBRUARY 23rd as I countdown to the beginning of the program.

**Another disclaimer!! the skimble workout programs are awesome! This is just something I wanna do from a community perspective. I won't be recommending supplements, protein shakes (in fact there will be no shakes, period!), or other web-pages**
09 Feb
I'll keep an eye out. I may have to do some modifications as I don't have access to a gym regularly, other than at work and when my day is done I just want to get out. I have a good set up at home and other than access to cardiovascular equipment I can handle most everything else.
10 Feb
Thanks Brian, just an opinion on the workout structure would be good as well. I value people's opinions
10 Feb
I am in.. been wanting to incorporate more weights.. I love this app and the people in it to win it !!
10 Feb
I'm in... However only at home gym live too far from gym out in the boons you could say. Lol. It still possible? I have an annual bike tour coming up in July, biking 175 miles in 2 days. Need all the muscle I can gain for those hills!
10 Feb
I might be able to provide some alternate exercise options using bodyweight. I'll be able to let you know closer to March. Either way there'll be nutrition information to help with dieting
Image_thumb
612 Posts
Feb 9, 2015 8:50pm
via Android

Erm.......  Thanks Scotty... But no thanks! I am gonna stay with my lucky ass Mesomorph routine.

For anyone else here reading this i strongly suggest you consider this offer.  Scotty knows his stuff and has himself as proof. 
There are not many skimblers that would give this level of commitment to help others.... If you have the need or determination to do it then take the man up on his offer. I dare you!

Did I mention he is crazy?!

09 Feb
Damn you Mesomorphs!! Lol.. Thanks Alan, and I totally agree with the 'crazy' comment! I just figured as I was gonna do this anyway I could take some time out of my day, while I'm waiting for the permit, to help others. December was just a trial run as Xmas impacted on the shred program. I'm aiming for a much better result this time around.. Who knows, maybe even a one-pack will appear?!?! Lol
09 Feb
You can do it my friend. If anyone...... You can
09 Feb
Just got the record people.... I aint lazy.... I am just a great deal more patient than Scotty here. Stock with him and you will get the results you want
18 Feb
I'm in buy I'm young so I'm not sure how far I can get
18 Feb
Hi Levi, just give some of the workouts a try. I'll also be putting up some nutrition info in the next couple of days which is a huge part of the battle
Image_thumb
6 Posts
Feb 9, 2015 9:46pm
via iOS
I'm in but why wait unto March.  Meddle month to middle month right after v day would be even better. Nes pas?
10 Feb
Hi Banks, I do a different workout program beginning every month and am in the middle of one right now. Then I'll need a deload week in the last week of February
Image_thumb
821 Posts
Feb 10, 2015 6:47pm
via Android

Sure I'm in. I've been doing my own home grown programs, but was considering following a program like dtp. I have a feeling your program will be on par with gethins dtp. Am I wrong? And I have one more question. I am willing to do the program but I won't be taking my phone to the gym to play skimble video workouts. Is that an issue?

11 Feb
Hi Jovon, I'll be letting you know the workout routine I'll be doing at the beginning of my topic. You'll be able to remember them quite easily or write them down. As for the style, I'm a big fan of heavy volume training so there'll be an element of that, and a hybrid of principles which are mostly adopted by Capurso, Gethin & Stoppani. I'm gonna be doing the program over 30 days which anyone can copy or amend to fit their goal.
11 Feb
Sounds good. I like all those guys you just mentioned , read all there articles and what not. Btw welcome to the U.S. what part of the country did you move to?
11 Feb
Utah & thanks. There'll only be minor elements from some of the names listed and the program will alter over the 30 days so that no two weeks are the same. We'll be shocking the hell out of our bodies, doing HIIT until our muscles are screaming & ripping the hell out of our core. ALL FUN !!!!
11 Feb
Utah is pretty nice. Let me know if you ever visit cali. We can get a workout in haha. But cool sounds fun Im in need of a good challenge:-)
11 Feb
Cheers Jovon. The program will definitely be intense, I don't believe in training any other way!
Image_thumb
16 Posts
Feb 10, 2015 7:19pm
via Android

I'm in!

Image_thumb
26 Posts
Feb 10, 2015 7:23pm
via Android

Hey Scotty Count me in.

Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Feb 11, 2015 12:55am
via iOS
It's great to see that some of you wanna give this is a shot. I'll be doing the workout program anyway & logging my daily updates/progress so it would be great to hear people's feedback on the workouts. 

It would be even better to see some skimblers complete the whole 30 days & nutrition plans and hear the end results. I'm gunning for a 20lb weight loss with no muscle loss.

Like I said, I'll be putting the program together and starting at the beginning of March as I'm still designing them. 

Image_thumb
29 Posts
Feb 11, 2015 6:17am
via Android

is this applicable for us, women? if yes, then COUNT ME IN! 

wanted to do some changes this time. I'm looking forward to your plans.  

11 Feb
Hi Kris, yes the workouts/nutrition info will be applicable to women as well. I'd actually like some women to give feedback on the workouts as well
11 Feb
great!! im excited to start. you have my full cooperation! :)
11 Feb
Awesome! I'm doing the whole program anyway so people can dip in and out if they wish. It's be fun to see results from people doing the whole program though
Image_thumb
1 Post
Feb 12, 2015 10:41am
via Android

Im in!!!! What do I need to do to join? Just say "I'm in? Lol Not going to lie I'm scared since I just started this fitness journey last month but I'm ready for a challenge. Plus I think it'll be fun.

12 Feb
Lol, I'll be starting a topic at the end of February giving all the details of the program & the nutrition. People can either choose to try to do the whole thing or just try the workouts.
12 Feb
I'm in been getting bank to it the last couple weeks so ill be ready for March!
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Feb 13, 2015 8:05pm
via iOS
To those of you considering trying out my shred program here's a bit more information as to how it's gonna play out over the 30 days.

I'm still designing the program and the daily workouts but I'll be adopting some of the following principles: 

- Dual muscle groups - each week you will work some muscle groups twice, for example, in week one you'll work your legs and your shoulders twice but in different ways
- Compound exercises - Some days you'll work different muscle groups while focusing on a primary muscle, for example, squats primarily work your legs but also your glutes/back/ abs - isolation exercises - Other days you'll isolate a specific muscle i.e. chest 
- rep ranges - the reps you complete each day will change as will the weight that you work with. Known as microcycles these will continue to shock your body into growth to ensure the cardio doesn't burn away your gains. It will also ensure you are hitting different muscle fibers to make sure your muscles look defined once the fat has been burnt away at the end of the 30 days
- heavy volume training -  HVT is built on multiple sets of low reps with heavy iron to ramp up the intensity and maintain muscle mass. You'll go max weight for 3 reps in sets of 10 on exercises such as squats or military press
- supersets - alternating between two exercises targeting different muscle groups this will keep your heart rate elevated, creating a cardio effect. 
- cardio - the cardio you do will change as the program progresses and will incorporate HIIT, steady state, and cardio acceleration sets ( a term coined by Jim Stoppani ). Cardio acceleration involves HIIT style exercises, such as power step-ups, which you complete inbetween sets instead of resting. 
- auxillary muscle group fatigue sets - auxillary muscles such as the biceps/triceps/calves will be trained to fatigue each week

This all might sound a bit complicated to some, but don't be scared it'll all play out easily. I'm putting a lot of time into this as it will be a 30 day workout program I intend to use a few times this year. Every day's workout will be put together so it can be reviewed if anyone wants to give them a try. 

** Some of the workout days might be a bit boring for some but are necessary to ensure you keep the muscle mass you've worked hard for. Just grind them out coz you'll love the results at the end! **
16 Feb
Ohhh yeah that sounds great and I will definitely check it out. Thx for the big effort your doing for the community.
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Feb 18, 2015 12:22am
via iOS
STARTING INFO:
- weight = 211.4lbs
- waist = 37ins
- current calories = 3500

So as I come to the end of my 'bulking' where I've gained 11lbs and 4inches around my waist, I'm beginning to dial down my calories each day from 4000 to 2800-3000. 
I'll be lifting heavy the rest of this week before  having a deload week then it's into the "DARE TO SHRED" 30 day workout program.

I'm looking forward to hitting the cardio again!! 

TARGET = 15-20lb weight loss
                = 32ins waist

18 Feb
I'll be done bulking once this program starts. I'm at 22% body fat. 170 lbs. My target is 10% body fat. Which will put me somewhere between 150 and 160 lbs. Let's do this!!
18 Feb
150-155lbs is very achievable if you stick to the workouts & the nutrition info (which I'll be adding to this topic over the next couple of days). I lost 17lbs in December without being strict on the calories but hitting all the workouts. It'd be good to see the results of someone prepared to stick to the whole 30 days other than myself.
18 Feb
I'll do progress photos for everyone as well
18 Feb
That would be great!!! I'll be weighing myself every morning & posting the number (just like Craig Capurso did on his shred program). When I did that I found it got me into a solid routine at the start of my day & psyched me up to hit the gym later in the day. I'm actually pretty psyched to so this ATM coz I know it's gonna be INSANE
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Feb 18, 2015 2:05am
via iOS
3421 calories against my 3500 target. Dialing the calories down again tomorrow as I work down towards my 2800 maintenance level 
Image_thumb
1 Post
Feb 18, 2015 2:58am
via Android

Oh boy, don't know what I'm getting into, but count me in as well!

18 Feb
Hi Addie, obviously I'm doing the whole 30 program as I'm designing it but people can feel free to dip in and out of it as they wish. I'll be posting how to calculate target calories etc as well as creating a workout for every day (it's gym based though as I've found it too difficult to get the necessary muscle v cardio burn using bodyweight stuff). Good luck if you decide to give it a shot in March though
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Feb 18, 2015 1:51pm
via iOS
FEB 18th - 209.2lbs - I doubt I've lost 2lbs in one day just from dropping my calories so I'll count this as just water weight and we'll see what my weight is tomorrow.
Calories dialed down to 3200 today with a further 200 cal drop tomorrow. Still a lotta food to eat though!! 
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Feb 18, 2015 5:17pm
via iOS
For anyone wanting to take a shred program seriously here's a link to one of my topics to calculate your calories:

I'm currently cutting my calories down to 3000 (my maintenance level is 3140). 
When I start the shred program I'll be calculating my starting calories again as I may have lost a bit of weight but it should be around 2600-2800
Image_thumb
211 Posts
Feb 18, 2015 6:44pm
via Android

Hey scotty,
Okay I know that I left in the middle....  And everything.  But hey,  I can always start again, right?  It's a new day,  a new beginning.  And I'll try to stay on track this time...  And count me in,  it's gonna be tough but I can always try.
I'll probably modify it a bit. 
P.S. I might not be able to workout everyday because my final exams are going to be on...  But I will definitely do some kind of workout,  even if it's just 20 mins

18 Feb
hi Avani, good luck with your finals. It's gonna be an intense workout program so don't go tiring your brain cells out! Each day will be approximately 1 hour.
19 Feb
Okay cool! :) thanks and sorry!
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Feb 19, 2015 1:33pm
via iOS
Feb 19th - 210.8lbs - taking the calories down to 3000 today. 2800 tomorrow. Finally beginning to get down to calories I can handle eating! 
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Feb 21, 2015 7:49pm
via iOS
To anyone wanting to take part in my workout program, or just try out some of the workouts, this is just to let you know I'll be closing down this topic thread on Monday and beginning a new one to track my progress.

I am having a 'deload week' to give my body a bit of time to rest. My calories are at 2800 now which is correct for my current weight. I'm currently 211lbs and may drop a couple of lbs by next Saturday.

The workout program starts a week Monday and I'm currently designing the exercises to fit the workout program I've already created. Photos etc will begin to appear on my new topic "DARE TO SHRED" - Scotty K's workout program through the week. 

Some of the workouts are already on here in my created ones "DARE TO SHRED" - they're still being designed through but give you an idea 
21 Feb
Do you know what day 1 will target yet? I'd like to know ASAP so I don't end up hitting legs, chest etc too closely to the start of the program
21 Feb
Legs & shoulders is day one. If you check my created workouts you'll see the layout for each week for each body part. I'm still reviewing the exercises, reps etc though so they might change but the body parts won't. I'll be hitting 2 body parts twice a week, shocking the hell out of the body with changing reps & exercises. Cardio will change each day as well. No one week or day will be the same so your body won't know what the hell is going on. I've got the time to make my new topic very detailed though...
21 Feb
Ok cool that works for me
Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Feb 21, 2015 8:40pm
via Android

hi 8Srfigks89 op z

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Feb 21, 2015 8:42pm
via Android

Tttttti

Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Feb 21, 2015 9:01pm
via iOS
Thanks for the nonsense comments Laura, awesome contribution to the world of fitness
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Feb 23, 2015 5:57pm
via iOS
Here's the link to my new topic thread. I'm just waffling away on there ATM 

Dammit! The link won't work.. Just go into active topics and you'll see it 

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51