Cheap yet good quality equipment?

4 posts | Original | Recent
1 Post
Feb 11, 2015 4:57am
via iOS
Im looking to be a top MMA fighter. I need some good equipment to get me training and some stuff i can try out moves on. The problem is, im on a low budget. My family is poor and we cant afford extra things. So i need something of good quality yet a good price. Any suggestions for equipment?
520 Posts
Feb 11, 2015 9:02am
via Android

Mma training would require a personal trainer of some sort or YouTube can be your friend. There are some Mma training centres which do pick up a fighter who is dedicated and train him free of cost try looking for that. Sorry for the comment not being much helpful

385 Posts
Feb 11, 2015 9:18am
via Android

Trainers to run is one of the most important to build stamina and lung capacity...

A hessian sack full of old clothes/rags tired tight makes a good punch/grapple bag if you can make it long enough.

Rope over a beam tied to a milk/juice crate with bricks in makes a perfect cable system and endless workouts....i did this one 25 years ago as a kid after watching rocky!

Anything with weight to it can be used as dumbbells...milk bottles full of water, bits of steel, logs, bricks etc.

Find a partner who will wrestle with you and train with you.

Train as hard as you can...even harder than you think you can train and you will achieve what you want.

1657 Posts
Feb 11, 2015 2:18pm
via iOS
On top of what's already been suggested find some steps - run up them then bear crawl down. Keep doing this until you wanna puke.
You'll build stamina, endurance, work your legs & core on the way up & your arms and upper body on the way down.
It'll hurt like hell as well. 
- push-ups - loads of variations 
- planks & ab exercises - gotta get a hard mid-section
- squats & lunges - keep building those legs 
- cardio - start practicing your kicks & shadow boxing.  Jumping jacks, knee tucks, burpees

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51