First HIIT

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
53 Posts
Feb 13, 2015 7:37pm
via Android

Well it's time to go to the gym, it's going to be my first HIIT program I've ever done, hoping the short, intense, exercises will help me gain some good muscle mass

Image_thumb
821 Posts
Feb 13, 2015 11:29pm
via Android

It'll help you burn stubborn fat, not so much muscle mass. Good luck though.

Image_thumb
53 Posts
Feb 13, 2015 11:37pm
via Android

No one showed so I just hit the machines

Image_thumb
195 Posts
Feb 14, 2015 10:52am
via Android

HIIT (or maybe it's the wrong term, I'm not sure, I'm also calling it this way) is also great for building mass:

Get to one machine you like to do, put on a weight you can handle with about 90% of power needed and where you are able to do about 10-15 reps. Hit it until your muscle is sore. Then - with no pause in between! - reduce the weight by about 5-10 kgs and immediately do another set with as many reps you can. Then reduce the weight again, again as many as you can. Repeat it until you end up with 5 or 10 kgs and your muscle feeling like exploding - there you have your HIIT muscle program.

You can do it with whatever machine you like. Just make sure to do this on the end of your session and don't torture this specific muscle with another exercise. Also remember to have a rest day (for this muscle) the day after.

Most important: aim for the most clean movement possible - let a trainer probably show you the best execution before - and keep it until the whole session! Don't get sloppy even under highest impact: HIIT (with this muscle method specifically) is very likely to cause serious injury when not done right!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51