Motivation and Support? Really?

3 posts | Original | Recent
29 Posts
Feb 16, 2015 10:07am
via iOS
We all here already have the motivation or we wouldn't be here. We want to look a certain way, weigh less/more. Just look in the mirror and we see the motive.
Most of our problem is we lack willpower. No one can give you that. The best one can do is encourage another. Willpower is an internal muscle that also needs worked. If you or I won't get off our butts on our own most of the time, we are wasting that persons time.
I have said before that my greatest gains come from the work I did when I didn't feel like it. That's any goal, not just working out. Some one else once said, "Adults devise a plan and follow it. Children do what feels good." What is your goal? Which are you?
269 Posts
Feb 19, 2015 1:35pm
via iOS
I decided this morning, after trolling the forum, that this needed to move up to the top again. I agree with this 110%. I tried the 'motivate me please' angle before and all I did was sit around and gain more weight. When I put my foot down and decided to actually motivate myself, well it's a slow process but it is progress. 9 lbs in 5 months for me is amazing. More amazing is the 6.75 inches I've lost! Everyday I wake up and feel the burn from the day before and it inspires me to do it again, to calm the burn, and see if I can do better then the last time. My competition isn't the pictures of people who already hit their goal and are still improving, it's the girl in the mirror that I'm competing with. I may never see myself as I was 18 years ago when I joined the military, but I will be happy to see myself healthy with energy to chase my dreams. 
So motivation? It's inside you not outside. Others can only do so much for you before you have to admit to yourself that you need to put your foot forward and dig deep. 
382 Posts
Feb 19, 2015 2:35pm
via Android

First I have to admit that I'm like a child according to the quote, I hate making plans and setting goals. Luckily what feels good for me is working out and taking care of myself. :)

Second, I get so tired of the "give me a diet plan" and "how do I work out" posts providing no other information at all. These questions can often be answered through a few, simple steps:
1. Decide what you want to achieve.
2. Gather information (Google is your best friend!)
3. Make informed decisions from what you've learned.
4. Browse the fantastic, information-packed forums to learn more, and then ask if you're still unsure.

Easy peasy.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51