Hips making a popping noise

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Feb 16, 2015 10:35pm
via Android

Everytime I do an exercise that involves raising my legs my hips pop. Idk if I should go to the chiropractor, it doesn't hurt just annoying.

16 Feb
Sometimes my knee does that . Maybe try taking cod liver oil capsules good for joints :-)
16 Feb
Okay thank you
16 Feb
Ur welcome :)
17 Feb
Same thing happens to me, i pulled a muscle around my right hip though and now only my left hip makes that noise..
17 Feb
I might need to have my hips adjusted.
Image_thumb
195 Posts
Feb 16, 2015 11:24pm
via Android

I noticed that with hips as well as with knees already. Maybe something's not exactly the way it should be, but it seldom is (like as almost nobody has a perfectly straight spine).

For my case I talked to some doctors as well as physical therapists and they said there's no need to worry about that. I'd suggest, as long as it does not hurt whatsoever, to keep it under observation for a couple of days/weeks and to go for a professional if you notice any change - or if you feel unsecure about this.

For myself I accepted my body to make weird noises for being normal coming at age ;-)

17 Feb
I'm the same My knees pop anytime I bend them And my hips pop when I workout... Worse is when I bench or do push-ups my elbow will pop sometimes and it doesn't always end well lol
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Feb 16, 2015 11:29pm
via Android

My hips used to do that until I started strengthening my hip flexors. Use the workout "free your hips" and you'll slowly notice a difference. Now mine don't pop any more.
Cheers
Farrah

Icon_missing_thumb
280 Posts
Feb 16, 2015 11:56pm
via Android

You should consult your physician.

Image_thumb
19 Posts
Feb 17, 2015 4:28am
via iOS
I have the same issue! I injured myself a year ago running a stretch of Hurdles. It was determined that I strained a ligament. In my case, the popping was caused by an injury, but it can also be cause by overuse or extreme amounts of growth in the legs and hips. What I found that worked for me was stretching.. And a lot of it. I am not sure where you are located, so If you are in a area with free health care, I'd go see a physician. It won't hurt you if you do. If you have to pay, try the stretching first, and keep a watchful eye on the problem. If there is any discomfort, inflammation, or worsening of the popping. I'd schedule an appointment.
Image_thumb
11 Posts
Feb 17, 2015 11:17am
via Android

I have more of a click sound rather than a popping noise. I think it is just my bones acclimatising to the exercise and stretching. Best of luck with the workouts. M.

Image_thumb
382 Posts
Feb 17, 2015 1:39pm
via Android

I have the same thing and my massage therapist doesn't seem concerned about it. For me it's not the popping/cracking sound as much as the feeling that something's jammed in my lower back or hip that feels uncomfortable.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51