From B*tch to Bull, baby!

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
17 Posts
Feb 18, 2015 4:07am
via Android

Okay, here's the deal.
I'm 21 years old. Almost 22 (Come on April 30th!)
I'm a first time mommy to a beautiful 8mo old little girl.
I have ALWAYS been the fat kid. So much so that I was made fun of and put down by my own family. No, I don't mean teased. I mean, I would end up in my room crying myself to sleep most nights because my brother and father would put me down that bad. I was a child, do you know what that did to my self esteem? Until this precious little miracle in the crib next to me came along, I HATED my self.
At the end of my college career I was the biggest I had ever been at 5'4" and 210 pounds. (I just posted a picture if you care to check it out) and I always thought to myself... you're disgusting why do you do this to your self? Why? Because I personally felt like I wasn't worth it. I didn't FEEL beautiful. So you know what I did? I made things worse by eating my feelings and most days not getting out of bed.
A year later at the end of 2013 I found out that I was pregnant. I was scared, nervous, SINGLE ( shout out to all you single mommies out there!) And her father didn't believe I was really pregnant. So, to keep my stress at bay, I started eating my feelings again. But then the strangest thing happened, I ended up LOSING weight. My pre pregnancy clothes ended up being too big by the time I was 9 months and ready to pop! A month or so after my babygirl arrived i joined this site. July 2014. And I stuck with it here and there, made some connections for team motivation. And by that time I had stopped losing weight. And I gave up. At 180. But a few months later I weighed myself, and where was I? 210... just like college. And I HATED it. So much that I started working my ass off, literally! (Squats! where you at?) And in just a couple months I went from 210, to 160lbs. I started doing small workouts for myself. I took a pole fitness class and was sore for a week! (Kudos to you ladies) however I haven't changed the way I eat, drink, or sleep. But if I did, could you imagine? I don't eat well to begin with, I drink a TON of soda, and I don't get enough sleep.
It's time to start making some real changes in my everyday life. Everything else has got me down and out and just angry at the world right now, but you know what? That isn't good enough for me. THIS is not where I want to be!
It's time to kick all my excuses and what ifs to the curb and grab life by the reins because all this negativity, all this bullshit, is NOT going to keep me from where I'm going!
ARE YOU IN?!!?
Let's rock this bitch

18 Feb
Congrats and sry to hear that. I know how you feel. I have always fluctuated and last year I was about 210 220. I am now about at 150 lb. I was 200 in august of 2014. You got this just stay positive and have fun! Always love yourself everyday and I'm happy for you. :D
18 Feb
Thank you! And congrats to you too doll! Keep it up ^_^
18 Feb
Get girl u can do this
Image_thumb
382 Posts
Feb 18, 2015 8:43am
via Android

Couldn't agree more with Mahmoud. Felt the exact same thing reading your story.

You are strong and you can do it! I wish you all the best of luck.

Image_thumb
138 Posts
Feb 18, 2015 4:42pm
via Android

All the best Kerri..I hope you achieve all your targets!!!

Image_thumb
17 Posts
Feb 19, 2015 12:07am
via Android

Thank you so much guys you are awesome!!!

Image_thumb
108 Posts
Feb 19, 2015 1:37am
via Android

Just cut your sugar intake, especially soda and you ll get to your goal quicker. After a week you won t miss it. I quit soda two years ago and feel much better

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Feb 19, 2015 2:17am
via Android

It sucks the way they treated you but I love how you turned that into your motivation keep it up

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51