Workout ideas, need help

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Feb 19, 2015 8:33pm
via Android

So over this past weekend I twisted my ankle playing tennis,(trying to show up my older brother)hehe, anyway I can barely walk limping everywhere. But I still wanna workout, shed fat is goal but obviously ain't going running, trust me I tried. Been working arms, shoulders and chest but I want to work core and lower body. Don't really have much of workout equipment either. Over the door home gym, some dumbbells thats all... Any suggestion would really be a great help. Thank you

20 Feb
You need to stay off of the ankle as much as possible for it to heal. Minimal walking, low impact cardio, no lower body workouts
Image_thumb
255 Posts
Feb 20, 2015 11:15am
via Android

For the core you can so all style of plank.
For the low body : squat

Image_thumb
382 Posts
Feb 20, 2015 11:30am
via Android

Stay off your ankle until the swelling has gone down and you don't feel any sharp pain putting weight on it. If you put weight on your foot now, risk is that it's not gonna heal properly and you'll be in pain for several months. Yeah it sucks but it's gonna suck even more if you don't take care of it.

I pulled my hip extensor a couple of years ago and it took over three months to heal because I didn't let it rest the first few weeks.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51