Push ups

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Feb 20, 2015 4:23pm
via iOS
Hi! I'm a young girl and I'm TRYING to work out as much as I can. I'm in a TAEKWONDO club where we do a lot of strength workouts like sit-ups, lunges, squats, push ups, etc. But I'm REALLY struggling with the push-ups ...I do as well have a lot of belly fat which kinda ruins how I do push-ups.

Now I do push-ups on my knees, and find that ? quite easy, but I struggle a lot doing real push-ups. I know it cause of my weight and size as well, and I don't have much muscle, so I have a question:

How can I learn real push ups as quick as possible ? And how do I do it properly ?
I've tried knee push ups, knee/real push-ups, wall push ups etc.

Icon_missing_thumb
280 Posts
Feb 20, 2015 5:03pm
via Android

OK you're doing well so far. Keep doing push ups on your knees. Than after a while begin slowly to lift up your knees. It might not be easy, but keep trying eventually your whole body will be in sync with your hands and knees. Good luck and may god bless you.

20 Feb
Yeah but that's what I'm doing as well. But yet I struggle
Icon_missing_thumb
280 Posts
Feb 20, 2015 5:16pm
via Android

You can also check out some of my workouts they may help.

Image_thumb
255 Posts
Feb 20, 2015 6:16pm
via Android

Knee push ups are a good beginning.  But you can also try plank to build a little bit your core and shoulders.
A good workout to work differently is the dips. It will give strenght in your arms. After that you can also lay down on the floor and push. Back to the floor and rest and push etc...

Grayshirtface_thumb
96 Posts
Feb 20, 2015 9:43pm

I agree with Herel. Planks are a great way to strengthen your core in a way that will make pushups easier. Try doing full or elbow planks at least once a day. Twice a day if you really want to see results. I recommend once in the morning and once in the evening. I started doing planks every day a little more than a week ago and I've noticed already that my pushups have improved a lot.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51