Support challenge

35 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
269 Posts
Feb 23, 2015 2:43pm
via iOS
Everyone is looking for 'motivation and support' now a days. So here is my challenge to you. Instead of thinking "I can't do this, I can't motivate myself, I lose focus after a couple days" challenge yourself to says something, anything, positive about yourself or a workout you do. For example, I had a massive migraine last night but pushed thru a 23 min workout. I commented that regardless I needed that. Today, I'm still plugged up in my sinuses but I'm planning for 9:30-10:00.

So try it out! Say something positive, about yourself, the workout, or both!

23 Feb
The small positive changes that are taking place since I've been sticking to this keep me on a positive mindset. All for this post! Positivity can really help going through this process. It's such a powerful tool. I believe you need to feel it inside before you start to see the results on the outside.
23 Feb
P.S. hope you feel better Christa. :)
23 Feb
Way to push through! !!
23 Feb
Thanks guys.
29 Mar
That's great, Christa! I find putting all my energy into something else (working out) makes me forget all about what's aching in me (head, body, etc).
Image_thumb
269 Posts
Feb 24, 2015 4:26am
via iOS
This weekend at guards those of us on the 'fat & lazy' program had a meeting. We went around the group commenting on what was hardest for us to pass on the PT test (push ups, sit ups and two mile run for those that don't know). Of everyone I think I'm working hardest. Something I commented on to the others was that "high" you get after you reach your first goal! The first time I completed an entire week of daily workouts, with no excuses, I felt a rush! I discovered how addicting it can be to work on improving myself. 
I may not see the progress I had hoped for, but even small progress is progress. 
Thanks everyone for your support the past couple months. It has helped in ways I can't express! 
06 Apr
What if you smoke
06 Apr
@ Lynn, what do you mean? Half my gaurs unit smokes so I'm not sure what your exact question is.
Image_thumb
269 Posts
Mar 7, 2015 3:46am
via iOS
Just a reminder, 'a one hour workout is 4% of your day no excuses!!
Image_thumb
27 Posts
Mar 11, 2015 1:40pm
via Android

I really like this challenge, specially because I think that it's not problem that our bodies are week in getting fit, but our minds.  So, count me in, if it's still active.

My positive thought for today:
I'm satisfied because I did my 8 mins exercise yesterday despite the crazy work situation and having a lot of things to do.
Even that short workout gives me alot of energy.

Image_thumb
269 Posts
Mar 11, 2015 8:54pm
via iOS
It's active so long as it's needed. Lol. 

My thought for the day: even if it's a rest day, do 5 minutes. 
Image_thumb
382 Posts
Mar 12, 2015 8:13am
via Android

My thought for today: going running for the first time since before winter! I stayed in bed too long to have time to work out this morning and I'm determined to do it during the day instead.

(I was yesterday too but lost track of time even though I felt anxious all day to be able to work out. Yes, it's procrastination and subconscious excuses, I know, I know.)

12 Mar
Oh trust me I was in the same fix yesterday. I went to my moms about the time I usually work out, then got home and had an appointment at 430 (I had about an hour when I hit back before that appointment) then I cooked supper and we did a movie night. So I had all kinds of subconscious excuses yesterday lol
12 Mar
It's weird since I usually don't make excuses. If I don't want to work out I don't work out, but I don't make up all kinds of excuses. Maybe it's got to do with my period being just around the corner and me having PMS. Oooor maybe that's just another excuse. :P
12 Mar
And the cravings... They're horrible now. I really don't like this feeling of matter over mind, so to speak, but battling your hormones sometimes seems impossible.
12 Mar
Yup I know that feeling but my cravings tend toward salt.
12 Mar
I WANT HAMBURGERS AND CHOCOLATE. NOW. Lol. :D
Image_thumb
382 Posts
Mar 12, 2015 3:35pm
via Android

Ladies, I did it! Just came back from a half an hour run. Did some pre-run yoga before, too.

12 Mar
Go Anna! \O/
12 Mar
Woo hoo!
12 Mar
Thank you, thank you!
19 Mar
Alright!!!...oh wait, I'm not a lady. Sorry...sorry *backs away slowly*
19 Mar
Aww you're welcome anyway, D. J
Image_thumb
27 Posts
Mar 12, 2015 10:51pm
via Android

Today's thought:
Excercise makes me feel good, it's the cheapest way to feel like you just bought a new beautiful shirt or dress. :)

Image_thumb
269 Posts
Mar 13, 2015 7:11pm
via iOS
Don't let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything.
Image_thumb
27 Posts
Mar 13, 2015 8:38pm
via Android

Looking forward to nice spring days, getting skates on my feet and do some skating :)

Image_thumb
27 Posts
Mar 19, 2015 12:33am
via Android

Today I totaly enjoyed doing planks!

Image_thumb
269 Posts
Mar 19, 2015 2:18am
via iOS
I have done about 96 burpees this week!

Today I have to remember, 'Stay dedicated! It's not going to happen overnight!'
19 Mar
I've read few days ago: Neither Rome nor biceps were made in a day :)
Image_thumb
382 Posts
Mar 19, 2015 9:17am
via Android

I've had two heavy duty workout days so far this week AND I've done some lighter working out on the between days. I just realized I have visible biceps. Tiny, but definitely there. I'm looking forward to measuring day tomorrow and to body pic day next week.

Image_thumb
334 Posts
Mar 19, 2015 5:00pm
via Android

My legs have that nice tingling feeling you get after a good workout day. Love it!
It feels like inside my body magic is happening while I'm resting.

Image_thumb
334 Posts
Mar 29, 2015 10:33pm
via Android

Today has been rest day....CANNOT wait for tomorrow!!!!!

Image_thumb
382 Posts
Mar 30, 2015 4:04am
via Android

I'm gonna get out of bed NOW and work out!

30 Mar
I'm working out now, too!
30 Mar
Hope your workout was as great as mine, Kiweda!
Image_thumb
334 Posts
Mar 30, 2015 3:54pm
via Android

Today was super charged! Loved loved loved! I'd carry on but I can hardly walk right now.lol

Bring on Tuesday!!!
Have a great week guys!

Image_thumb
269 Posts
Mar 30, 2015 8:39pm
via iOS
I had a great time! Got my hour in, some shopping, and had a good time with my little missus
Image_thumb
334 Posts
Mar 31, 2015 6:11pm
via Android

My legs feel sore. Good!

Image_thumb
334 Posts
Apr 1, 2015 3:51pm
via Android

Today I cursed my fat and served it eviction papers. It cursed me. I did another workout. It cursed me again and threatened me with Nutella. I did another. Now my body is cursing me as well as my fat. Excellent.

01 Apr
Did you see Scotty's Nutella recipe...? Ani...I seriously was dribbling after reading that!lol No Nutella though. If I bought a tub I'd just use a spoon and sit down with it until I was sick. I did say it was my crack. :P
01 Apr
I'll stick to dribbling for now. Was going to make the cake soon but I don't trust myself not to scoff the whole thing in one seating. I'm not strong enough yet....slurp, nom, burp! :P
02 Apr
Ani....no nutella or easter eggs!!!! Resist my friend resist!
Image_thumb
382 Posts
Apr 1, 2015 5:20pm
via Android

I created my own disaster today by becoming so caught up in my work that I forgot to eat. When I finally could manage to let go of the computer, it was 7 pm and I hadn't had anything to eat but a couple of snacks since breakfast at 7.30 am.

I could go on about how I didn't have time to work out today, but the truth is I didn't make time. I let my work take the best of me instead of creating a healthy balance between work and free time. I'm hoping I won't have to pay for this tomorrow and the days after.

Now for the support part: even though I'm completely drained, I'm not going to skip my new healthy routine of a short evening yoga session!

01 Apr
It happens. No biggie. You've recognized the blip and step right over it! :)
01 Apr
You've got this! It's almost 1pm for me right now and the most I've done is walk in the wind after the mail. Bad headache and no interest in food for lunch.
Image_thumb
334 Posts
Apr 2, 2015 6:03pm
via Android

It's that time again!

I think the leg soreness from the day before yesterday has now met and welcomed the soreness from today.

"Welcome my friend" it says, "fat has been crying for days refusing to go". New soreness replies "no worries, the legs may be sore but strong enough to kick fat's ass to the curb!"

Image_thumb
269 Posts
Apr 2, 2015 8:04pm
via iOS
So my motivation today was to do one of my created workouts and play catch up with the wall sit. Well I totally nailed both, in fact I think lvl 1 wall sit is almost too easy. My challenge today, lvl 2 plank...Nailed It!!

So, "Believe in yourself, every day, every minute, every second! Your biggest opponent is your own self-doubt!"

02 Apr
Somebody is on a roll!
02 Apr
Gotta catch up! Lol my points are waaay behind this month already (lol that's funny)
Image_thumb
334 Posts
Apr 4, 2015 2:36pm
via Android

Workouts done for the day. Now to try and get up the stairs...

Have a great Easter weekend guys!
I'm planning to stuff my face and my main workout will be chewing.

Ok...now stairs and bubble bath!

04 Apr
Oooo bubble bath! I like the way you roll.
04 Apr
Dangerous business when tired! Nearly fell asleep. Was worried I'd go under.lol
04 Apr
You should try sauna instead. Invigorating when you're tired, relaxing when you're stressed. It's the ultimate kind of cleansing.
04 Apr
I did in Latvia last summer and I've been spoiled. In the hotel where I stayed with my friend there was a spa room. A massive room you had to book in advance to use privately. Inside it there was a jacuzzi, sauna, shower room and mini bar. We were in heaven! Explored during the day,then spa room and then out at night. I need to go back there now! *_*
04 Apr
WOW! Where in Latvia? I've been there twice, traveling all over the country.
Image_thumb
382 Posts
Apr 4, 2015 4:38pm
via Android

45 minutes of working out with legs that are... well there's no way to describe it, I've NEVER felt anything like this before. Note to self: don't push it up to 100 calf raises after not having worked calves for like five years, mkay. Still, I killed my arms and abs today boxing.

04 Apr
YES that calls for three whole bicep emojis!
04 Apr
Woop Woop!!!! \O/

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51