Help.

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Feb 24, 2015 1:13pm
via Android

I'm 19, 5'4", 172 pounds, in college, and I would like to lose 40 lbs. Any suggestions?

Image_thumb
382 Posts
Feb 24, 2015 2:02pm
via Android

Food, food and food. Your body is built mainly in the kitchen. Cardio will help you burn fat and weight training will help you build muscle which boosts your metabolism. Choose a couple of programs on the casual level, one that works your whole body and one that targets a specific body part (no matter which one at this stage). I recommend the Lose it! Tone it to begin with. There are a lot of threads about food, nutrition, diets and calories in the forums, check them out! And I recommend using a measuring tape instead of a scale, since the scale says nothing about your actual size or fat/muscle ratio. Measure once a week.

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Feb 24, 2015 2:36pm
via Android

Thank you. So I measure with tape instead that's fine but how do I know what the measurements mean. Does it have to do with fat to muscle ratio?

24 Feb
No, but you'll see your progress better. :) I mean if you're weighing yourself and you've built muscle, your scale might show the same numbers as last week or even more. Your measuring tape on the other hand might say you've lost an inch around your waist. Weighing is just so inaccurate and doesn't say anything about health, size etc.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51